Product Development Engineer
The Product Development Engineer will be working in the Single Use and Systems R&D group. This group utilizes MilliporeSigma’s stage-gate based PDP system (Product Development Process) to commercialize new products for the Bioprocess/Pharmaceutical Manufacturing industry. The Product Development Engineer will be working on projects that range from the design and development of new plastic components and flexible assemblies to supporting the development of unit operations equipment, including integrity testers. The Product Development Engineer will interface effectively with R&D, Manufacturing, Quality, Procurement, and Product Management functions and provide technical guidance & leadership on cross functional teams.
Who you are:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging, Plastics, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
· 3+ years of product development experience
· Experience using product design CAD software, and other computer modeling techniques
· Experience working with manufacturing and process development activities such as qualification, validation, design of experiments, FMEA and design for manufacturing
· Experience with thermoplastics
· Proficient in engineering, problem solving, experimental design and data analysis
· Understanding of polymeric materials and manufacturing techniques, specifically injection molding, extrusion, heat bonding and ultrasonic bonding
Job Requisition ID: 202231
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Product Development, Developer, Biology, Pharmaceutical, Research, Technology, Science