Lab Technician 1
The Lab technician will perform tasks as needed to maintain the lab and to support the assays performed in the Bacterial Mutation and Tier 2 labs.
· Maintains the lab’s supplies inventory
· Maintains work area and equipment
· Assists with cleaning, testing and calibrating/standardization of lab equipment
· Uses and maintains scientific equipment, instrumentation and computer systems
· Prepares reagents
· Performs routine review and verification of all equipment logs/forms.
· Ensures all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards
· Performs data entry
· Demonstrates consistently good communication and interpersonal skills with employees, management and clients (where applicable)
· Other duties as assigned
· Ability to organize and prioritize work for timely completion
· Effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing
· Ensure that all guidelines are followed with respect to assigned tasks performed in the lab.
· Follows SOPs and relevant compliance regulations in regard to safety procedures, documentation, and scientific responsibility
· Reports to and receives general instructions on new assignments from the Laboratory Supervisor
Who you are:
· Associate degree in a scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Biotechnology, etc.) – OR – High School Diploma with 1+ years of relevant laboratory work experience
· Working knowledge of a research laboratory
· Possess good interpersonal and strong written/verbal communication skills
· Demonstrates close attention to detail
· Highly motivated and detail oriented with good organizational skills
· Possess the ability to multitask and work independently or in a team environment with minimum supervision
· Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and database software applications, specifically MS Office (Word and Excel)
· Ability to work on projects in other departments as needed
· Must follow GLP, USDA animal welfare act and IACUC standards
Job Requisition ID: 205340
Career Level: B - Recent University Graduate(<1 year of experien
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Job Segment: Laboratory, Technician, Biotech, Database, Science, Technology, Research