Associate Scientist, Cell Science
At EMD Serono the Cell Sciences group, as part of the Protein and Cell Sciences (PCS) department, develops stable clonal cell lines for the purpose of manufacturing candidate biologic therapeutics. The Cell Sciences Associate Scientist will contribute to the drug discovery efforts by using state of the art methods and technologies to deliver to the project teams cell lines suitable for manufacturing and to bring our proteins into the clinic.
· Development of stable, clonal cell lines for the expression of therapeutic candidate proteins
· Technology development and/or evaluation to improve productivity of cell lines/process or throughput of cell line development or predictive models
· Lab job activities and oversight of instrumentation including maintenance and supplies
· Productive interactions with other members of PCS, NBE organization, and Research which enable projects and technologies to move forward
Who You Are:
· Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry or other related Science discipline
· Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years’ experience or Master’s degree with 1+ years’ experience
· Solid understanding of mammalian cell line development in an industry setting, from both a technical and a business perspective, as well as a strong foundation in cell and molecular biology
· Knowledge and experience of general cell culture techniques including transfection, selection, cloning, small scale production models, and protein expression
· Direct experience with mammalian cell lines such as CHO, HEK-293 and NS/0
· Familiarity with instruments commonly used in the cell line generation lab: Guava, Cedex, ViCell, Octet, FACS Aria.
· Background in cell and molecular biology with experience in host cell engineering, cell culture process development, vector development, and/or development of novel assays to aid in cell line generation
· Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written form with peers and senior management
· Familiarity with analytical assays as they relate to protein product quality
· Familiarity with cell culture performance at various scales from multi-well plates to bioreactors
· Experience with developing cell lines for multiple projects within a platform framework
· Ability to work independently
Job Requisition ID: 206927
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Biochemistry, Scientist, Biology, Medical Lab, Science, Research, Healthcare