Associate Scientist 1 - Molecular
Your role: we have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Scientist 1 to join our Molecular Team in Glasgow. In this role, you will be responsible for the performance of routine and custom GLP/GMP studies and good housekeeping, equipment maintenance and stock control, to ensure the smooth running of the laboratories. The Molecular team performs a wide variety of assays to support development and manufacturing processes within the pharmaceutical industry, making scientific observations and completing documentation to the required industry standards. Responsibilities also include working within the laboratory following Standard Operating Procedures and relevant compliance regulations, to ensure routine studies are completed on time and accurately recorded to meet appropriate scientific and GLP/GMP regulatory standards.
Who you are:
· Educated to minimum of HND level in Molecular Biology or associated Biological Science discipline
· Previous experience working within a scientific laboratory role would be preferred.
· Have knowledge / experience in PCR, Gel electrophoresis, Nucleic acid extractions, DNA sequencing and Southern blotting
· Ability to priorities own workload and work within a fast-paced environment, with a strong problem-solving ability
· Must be self-motivated, with high levels of initiative, facing challenges with energy, drive and the need to finish, with a strong focus on quality and safety
· Demonstrate strong planning and organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise effectively, with good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Computer literate, ideally with prior knowledge of working with LIMS
Job Requisition ID: 207445
Career Level: B - Recent University Graduate(
Job Segment: Housekeeping, Scientist, Pharmaceutical, Laboratory, Healthcare, Science, Research