A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The Utility Operator is responsible for operating PLC driven state of the art high-speed wrapping machinery with attached automatic boxing-off or bagging units. This position operates one of several high speed automated packers to overwrap boxes or package product into flow pack.
• This position is responsible for the set-up of the automated packer machines, which includes loading materials, adjustment of machines.
• The incumbent cleans out jams and opening and reworking all defective packaging. The operator must maintain the glue system and data supplies. The incumbent works closely with the Machine Operator and Flo Pack Operator in monitoring the quality of the entire packaging process. The incumbent is trained to perform other duties in the department at similar level such as supplying materials used by operators.
• Quality Standards: The operator’s duties involve hourly completion of HACCAP sheets, supplying cartons. The incumbent is accountable for following all Quality, Food Safety, and Legislative policies, systems and standards.
• Safety: Requires the use of Lock out tag out to safely perform routine operations to equipment.
• Autonomous Management: Responsible for understanding the CIL (Cleaning, Inspection, and Lubrication. Schedules and completes daily, weekly, monthly cleaning, inspection and lubrication of assigned equipment.
• The position holder is trained to perform other jobs consistent with the skill level and physical demands of this position.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 2+ year of experience operating and maintaining high speed production machinery
· Independently operate high speed wrapping machines meeting all safety, quality and productivity requirements.
· Participate as a team player in accomplishing all company goals and objectives
· Frequent lifting/carrying of supplies (25-50lbs)
· Frequent handling of supplies (25-50lbs)
· Frequent bending/stooping while supplying materials
· Frequent twisting
· Frequent lifting/carrying loads of gum (30lbs-50 lbs)
· Frequent pushing/pulling gum carts (up to 700 lbs)
· Frequent handling of gum barrels (up to 100 lbs)
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Gainesville GA
Job Segment: Architecture, Engineering