Financial Business Partner, Waltham-on-the-Wolds, 12 month fixed term contract
Salary: £37,600 - £47,000
It’s undeniable: Pets truly make the world a better place. That’s why we’re inspired to make A Better World For Pets™, a world where they’re healthy, happy and welcome. It's safe to say, at Mars Petcare, we're passionate about pets, and their health!
As a Financial Account Analyst, the job holder is an ‘expert’ on the financial dynamics of our UK customers and the ‘thinking partner’ to the Customer Development division. All business decisions have a financial impact and this role exists to provide financial direction, guidance and challenge to the Customer Development team on those business decisions. You might need to analyse complex business information and draw out key messages, or gather assumptions for a business activity and financially model a scenario. It is also about being a thinking partner to your pilots, challenging assumptions, identifying trends and provoking fresh thinking. The end in mind is that these recommendations will change business decisions, performance and influence behaviors.
This role is based in Waltham however it will only be necessary for the job holder to be in the office 2-3 days per week.
What are we looking for?
· CIMA (preferred) or ACA qualified or relevant business experience required
· Relevant knowledge of financial concepts
· Business Acumen including knowledge of the Petcare market and experience of working in Demand Finance
· Financial modelling experience
· Strong Excel skills and experience with PowerBI/Tableau
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Shape financial strategy and relevant targets for specific account customers, learning their mechanics and business models in order to develop and define the LT mutual P&L.
· Provide decision support for ad-hoc activities which financially impact the channel . For example, financial modelling of pricing, customer led and/or Mars led initiatives, business case for new pack development & diagnosing the root cause of performance issues.
· Work closely with Customer Development Managers through the annual JBP development /sign off.
· Lead investment proposals and collaboratively work with Customer Development Managers on any new business in the channel- ensuring pricing, investment levels and range maximize growth & profit for Mars within our pricing corridors.
· Deliver and encourage a strong governance culture within the specific account customer
· Ensure adherence to Trade Spend budgets throughout the year, and take corrective action where necessary
What can you expect from Mars?
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension.
· Pet-friendly offices, where your pets enjoyment, is as high on our agenda as yours.
· A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance.
· The chance to take hold of your own career, and develop personally and professionally.
Closing date: 21/08/2020
To open up a dialogue, please click on the APPLY button below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Segment: Financial, Finance