A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Mars Inc has embarked on a Digital Transformation in support of a clear Digitization Strategy, which touches every aspect of our business. Key to this transformation is Data Privacy and Security, which is how we collect, handle, and process personal information.
We are undertaking this significant delivery program to implement changes that meet current, changing, and future Data Privacy laws. Our aim is to ensure we introduce a standard to future proof our consumers’ data as well as our own.
This job plays a key role in shaping how we support our strategy for data protection. The identification of PII data and where is it stored, is critical to the organization and must continue to ensure we can defend against threats and comply with increasingly strict regulatory requirements. The adoption of protective technologies to identify PII data and verify the proper controls are in place to protect data is mandatory for Mars, Incorporated.
Key responsibilities include:
· Implement and operate solutions to find and protect PII data within the Mars landscape
· Implement and operate solutions to find unknown assets within the Mars landscape (internal, external, and SaaS)
· Develop and maintain a roadmap for solutions and processes needed for PII data discovery and monitoring to satisfy emerging regulatory requirements in collaboration with the wider program team, automating where possible
· Partner will Data Privacy/legal and IA to identify needs
· Partner with Security operations and assurance; to share best practice, reuse existing tools, etc.
· Contribute towards the future state organization to run ongoing processes and monitoring
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
Education & Professional Qualification
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· 5 + years work experience implementing / monitoring operations on large, complex systems
· Broad experience with infrastructure and application integration
· Delivery through Agile methodologies
· Strong Stakeholder Relationship Management of execute level stakeholders in a distributed functional organization.
· Experience of delivering business change through an agile mindset
· Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
· Strong planning and task management skills.
· Info-Security or Data Privacy functional knowledge (preferred)
· Quick learner, with the ability to understand and simplify highly complex scenarios, and functionally upskill in a new area
· Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload.
· Comfortable liaising with senior & executive level management on a daily basis.
· Ability to collaborate with and influence peers.
· Delivery focused with high energy and drive.
· Comfortable operating against a backdrop of continual change.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Engineer, Relationship Manager, Engineering, Customer Service