Location: Asquith, NSW
Salary range: $65,000-$75,000
Our Quality & Food Safety Team a is on the lookout for our next Value Stream Technologist. This role will see you accountable for the development and management of the HACCP-based Food Safety program, driving the quality agenda and leading implementation and governance of all Quality and Food Safety (Q&FS) requirements. You will also lead activities that deliver and maintain compliance to the sites Quality Management Process program including its compliance, governance and supporting programs.
What are we looking for?
· Degree qualified in Food Science / Nutrition (or equivalent in technical trade such as Technology or Engineering);
· Experience in a food manufacturing environment or food retail business is essential;
· Knowledge in auditing Quality Management Systems essential;
· Previous experience within an R&D or Q&FS role is essential;
· Strong knowledge in Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) benchmarked standards (e.g. FSSC 22000);
· An understanding and knowledge of HACCP (certification essential);
· Knowledge and experience in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Quality Management Processes.
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Management of the Food Safety Program within the value streams including achieving compliance to Global Quality and Food Safety HACCP standard with any required external standards;
· Achieving compliance in internal (second and third party) audits;
· Training of staff in their roles within the site quality management process (QMP);
· Ensuring key initiatives of Q&FS agenda are embedded into the value stream;
· Development of tools, systems, processes, and training material to support achieving quality food safety;
· Ensuring consumer & customer complaints are investigated;
· Development of a continuous improvement plan for reduction of consumer complaints for the value stream;
· Liaise with all departments in the factory to ensure food safety and quality issues are addressed within agreed timeframes;
· Working with the Supply team to ensure GMP standards are met and exceeded on site.
What can you expect from Mars?
· #1 Best Place to Work Australia in Manufacturing and Production;
· Genuine focus on your development with access to world class training;
· Global health and wellbeing program to support work-life balance;
· Opportunity to make a difference with our volunteer and ambassador programs;
· Join the world’s leading manufacturer of chocolate, chewing gum, mints and fruity confections.
What do MARS®, SNICKERS®, EXTRA®, ECLIPSE®, PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, DOLMIO®, UNCLE BEN’S® MASTERFOODS ® and ROYAL CANIN® have in common? They’re all made by Mars. We’re a family-owned, principle led business that’s been making products for people (and the pets that people love) for more than 100 years. Together, our 125,000+ Associates around the world are empowered to take action every day towards the world we want tomorrow. Because we know, the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today.
For more information visit careers.mars.com
Mars Australia & New Zealand is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. As we prefer to manage all sourcing directly, introductions via agency will not be accepted.
COVID-19: The health & safety of our associates, candidates and our community are very important to us. Therefore, we will be completing all our recruitment processes via digital channels for the near future.
If you require any assistance or alternatives, please contact us directly.
Job Segment: Engineer, R&D Engineer, Engineering, Customer Service