Here at Mars Petcare, we have an opportunity for a Q&FS Technologist to join the team based in Wodonga to ensure all relevant Q&FS standards are implemented and continuously improved to assure quality and food safety at the local site, protecting the consumer and brand quality.
Whilst this role doesn’t have direct reports, you will display excellent leadership skills to be able to influence and work with a variety of stakeholders in order to implement new standards or ways of working. You will have a curious mindset, with excellent problem-solving skills to investigate incidents and get to the root cause of these incidents.
What would be your key responsibilities?
• QMP and corporate Q&FS standards implementation at site
• Compliance and verification of standards through externally verified audits (LRQA)
• Incident management PRIMP and handle corrective and/or preventative action process
• Provide recommendations for food safety Issues, especially verification activities for both raw materials and finished goods
• Approval of site related material risk assessments and the incorporation into the site food safety management plan
What are we looking for?
• Previous experience implementing and successfully managing a food safety program (HACCP)
• Experience in quality management systems in a manufacturing environment
• Strong understanding of root cause analysis
• Ability to collaborate and influence stakeholders, with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and help the team when needed
This role will suit a team player who has good knowledge and a passion for food compliance standards, along with the ability to interpret them and write the standards in a clear and understandable way.
What can you expect from Mars?
• Awarded #4 in the Best Places to Work Australia survey for 2020
• Opportunity to make a difference with our volunteer and ambassador programs
• Work within an environment where pets really are our best friends, with dogs in the office
• Have a real impact on creating a better world for pets, a world where they’re healthy, happy and welcome.