A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The Sr. Quality Management Lead provides functional leadership to develop, implement, maintain and improve Quality and Food Safety Management programs for the site and across the network to ensure that end products are safe for human consumption and meet customer, consumer and regulatory requirements to achieve business objectives. The Sr. Quality Management Lead provides leadership to improve Q&FS Management System for a Mars brand across MCNA.
What we are looking for:
· BS degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Food Safety, Engineering or related technical field
· 3+ years of food plant experience in a responsible position related to food safety or Quality and food safety management system
· FSSC/ISO certification
· Combination of education and 8+ years demonstrated success in relevant field
· Ability to travel 10% of the time
· Advanced degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Food Safety, Engineering or related technical field
· 5+ years of food plant experience in a responsible position related to food safety or Quality and food safety management system
· Demonstrated leadership capabilities in leading/influencing others
· Act as back up to the Quality and Food Safety Manager provides leadership and technical expertise during incident investigation and risk analysis as well as provides recommendations for appropriate resolution
· Lead the implementation of Global Quality and Food Safety standards to ensure compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory food safety requirements
· Lead the site quality and food safety management review process to identify improvement opportunities for quality and food safety management systems
· Lead Q&FS continuous improvement projects for a Brand across Mars Chocolate North America to improve the brand experience
· Lead in combination with Quality and Food Safety Manager product related incident management process and provide recommendation on product disposition
· Lead Communities of practice to drive standardization, and creation of best practices
· Coach and develop associates in Q&FS team within the site or across the network
· Co-leads the Quality Pillar program as part of the MSE strategy
· Maintain requirements and leads key initiatives to build Q&FS technical competencies in the manufacturing site
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Waco
Job Segment: Engineer, Safety Engineer, R&D Engineer, Engineering