A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Title: Quality Conformance Coordinator
Location: Albany, GA
Shift Hours: 12 hour day & night rotating shift
This role is responsible to conduct quality verification protocols to ensure that all finished products meet with Mars Quality and Food Safety Specificat ions. Primarily focusing on Food Safe and Legal conformance, these Quality Conformance associates enable conformance to specification through the verification of execution in quality contro l protocols and/or monitoring of sampling and testing plans applied to packaging and product.
This resource also enables the reduction of food safety incidents and non-qua lity costs l:iy the immediate esca lation of any out of conformance condition detected during verification activities while supporting the maintenance of quality knowledge and skills required in operation associates for proper execution of quality control protocols and proper data documentation and records keeping.
1. Responsible for shift-based quality verification or monitoring activities for packaging and finished produc (based on the site size this might be extended to raw materials) - Initiate PRIMPS and Nonconformance's in Nexus.
2. Escalate to process areas any out of conformance incidents and collaborate in trouble shooting providin all information needed on product quality attributes until process and product are back in control.
3. Identify and isolate out-of-specificat ion materials, in locations where required including placing product on block status if out of office hours cover required, escalating to the correct associates and initiating no conformances. They are expected to collaborate closely with Material Handling area to ensure all non conform ing products are captured in house.
4. Performs GDSN audits as required for each new item at the site.
5. Verifies that procedures to complete qua lity related documentation are properly executed and information in the records is complete.
6. Quality conformance associates may be required to be part of the HACCP team and Internal Auditors group to support quality and food safety continuous improvement program and CAPA's execution including period GMP inspections.
7. Support oµerations with locating metal in confirmed rejects and trending the number of rejects across the shift to ensure proper escalation
8. Support operations thru KAPPA Trained evaluation of finished product attributes and product defects per shift escalation
9. Provides quality related information to operators to enable quality control activities.
10. Provide support in incident investigations and customer/consumer complaints to enable proper risk assessment and issue resolution.
11. Ensures that only nexus approved documents are used in the packaging line for quality related activities and archives quality related records for further analysis or auditing purposes.
12. Provides coaching and training to associates to ensure proper QMP understanding,execution of quality
control protocols, data accuracy and proper record management control.
13. Observe and coach proper entry of weights into the WINSPC system by line operator.
14. Support when needed with collecting raw and/or finished goods samples to support a variety of activities such as the Daily Connection Point Quality Review meeting, micro verification program, product library and hold dispositioning.
1. High school diploma is required
2. Experience within a manufacturing environment and/or previous quality control experience in a food
3. Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential as these associates often serve as a coordinator of information between functions and across levels of the business
4. Able to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively Must be able to work at elevatd heights
5. Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes from hot to
Cold, dust, dirt and chemicals
6. Computer/Technical Savvy
7. Works proficiently in: Excel, Nexus,Win SPC, Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.
8. Ability to establish good peer relationships.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Albany GA
Job Segment: CAPA, Management