Role: Product Developer
Salary & Benefits: Competitive Salary plus bonus and excellent benefits
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Central to our global ambitions, our European Pet Nutrition business is growing, and is founded on a wide range of well-known, well-loved, petcare brands and products. Our strength in developing and launching new and innovative products is key to our success, today, and in the future. And that’s where you come in….
Exciting opportunities exist for product development and implementation scientists/technologists in our European R&D team based in Leeds, UK. If you have a strong technical background, and a passion for innovation, then we would like to hear from you.
· Working within our Pet Nutrition Europe Regional Development Team, you would have the opportunity to manage/lead new product design and development projects, from concept through to implementation in our factory network.
· Manage projects aimed at improving the design and performance of our existing product portfolio, and to ensure that they are produced in the most cost-effective and efficient way
What we want from you:
· A Degree level qualification in a relevant technical or scientific discipline is essential (e.g. Food Science/Technology, Biological, Chemical, or Engineering Sciences).
· Experience in product design and development
· Knowledge of food raw material properties and functionality
· Ability to put knowledge into practice in a dynamic FMCG environment
· Strong project/programme management, interpersonal and communication skills
· Proven ability to work effectively within cross functional teams, and to build strong relationships and networks
What we offer:
· Great career progression
· Range of in-house training
· Competitive salary, bonus and range of large company benefits
We know it's important to you to find out as much about us as possible, so following a review of your CV the first stage will be a telephone interview with the hiring manager and a chance for you to ask lots of questions. If successful, you will be invited to an interview day. Don't worry we will give you plenty of time to prepare.
If it sounds like the right role for you, please click on the APPLY button below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Segment: Engineer, Developer, Information Technology, Programmer, R&D Engineer, Engineering, Technology