Job Title: Market Quality Specialist
Segment/ Business Unit: MULTI SEGMENT MARTKET UNIT - Japan
Function: Supply Chain
Location/Site: Japan / Tokyo(Shinagawa)
Line Manager: Market Quality Manager
· 'Quality” is our first principle in our 5 principle and it sets the fundamentals of our business towards our Petcare and Confectionary business visions (“Better World for Pets”, and “More Moments, More Places, and More Smiles”.) This role contributes towards such vision by protecting our business and driving customer / consumer satisfactions through better quality products / services. The role is responsible for quality performance in Japan for products / services of petcare and confectionary business from assigned factories.
· This role is also responsible for supporting implementation of QMP program and/or standards in the market together with the Market Quality Manager.
Responsible for Quality Performance
· Responsible for measuring and monitoring all quality performance of products / services from assigned factories. This role represents in quality review for products / services for assigned factories in Japan market.
· Drive continuous improvement programs to achieve excellence in market unit Quality collaborating with and influencing to assigned factories.
· Facilitate regular quality review with assigned factories to review their performance and agree on priorities as focus improvement.
· Drives understandings of consumers and customers insights and expectations to quality in the market. Communicate such insights / expectation with technical specification to the regional and factory R&D team.
Quality Incident Management:
· Manage quality issues/incidents in the market including non-conformance management, rework management, and hold & release management.
· In case of quality incident, lead the market unit according to the Mars quality incident management process.
· At the time of a critical quality incident, Co-lead a quality incident management process in the Japan market with Market unit quality manager or higher senior leader in the market
· Act as a single point of contact in Japan market with a factory (or factories) and drive recommendation of actions in the situations when the quality of the products / services from a factory (or factories) are in question.
· Escalate unresolved quality issues, significant quality risk/concerns to upper manager.
Preventive Actions for new products and/or any change management:
· Contribute minimizing quality related issues for new products introductions and/or any product change management via risk assessment under the project management process in the area of product/package design, supply chain operations, etc. Lead any quality related issue resolution with the project team members.
· Provide inputs to R&D/Quality team by reviewing product and package specification for solid quality requirements and process control management.
· Support new project in artwork development (e.g. labeling, instruction, etc.)
Support Mars Quality Management Process (QMP) and Global Standard Compliance
· Support Mars Japan QMP leader for implementation and compliance of QMP and other global standard into the work operation in Mars Japan. The role may delegated to lead compliance of a few specific Global Standards.
· Support an audit leader in QMP audits (internal/ regional / LRQA) in Mars and lead external partners audits (warehouse, distributor, copacker).Support Team Engagement and Talent Developments:
Support Team Engagement and Talent Developments:
· Lead team engagement activities supporting Market quality manager.
· Support team’s talent development through coaching and supervising peers.
Context and Scope
· Own several factories’ quality performance in the market unit (Petfood and/or Chocolate). Interface to those factories, typically outside of Japan. Communication will be in English via telephone, email, and face-to-face meeting.
· Report to a local market unit quality manager, who reports to Japan Market Logistics & S&OP+Supply Chain Director.
· Supervise a supporting contractor for administration / execution support (i.e. data analysis, reworking, and quality checking.)
· Collaborate with Regional central quality team for market unit community in the region.
Education: Degree in Food Science/Technology or related science/technical discipline
• Experience within an R&D/Q&FS is required and experience in auditing of Quality Management Systems. Science background and a history of delivery; HACCP knowledge.
• 2 yrs experience working in MARS or similar role in FMCG company
• Skills/Ability: Understanding of quality management principles, working in teams, process management, conflict resolution, Technical problem solving – Root cause analysis.
• English communication skill for meeting, telephone, presentation, and email.
Level of Role, Critical MLC’s and Competencies
Level of Role:Individual Contributor
• Delivers Consistent Results
• Creates Collaborative Relationships
Key Supporting Competencies
Delivers Consistent Results;
• Functional & Technical Skills;
• Priority Setting;
Creates Collaborative Relationships
(refer to http://www.talentdevelopment.mars )
Key Functional Competencies & Technical Skills
• Quality management
• Strong understanding of Food Safety, HACCP and Hygiene principles
• Process control
Job Segment: Project Manager, Data Analyst, Change Management, Technology, Data, Management