Job Title： CTI / Product Performance Technologist Japan
Line Manager: CTI & Product Design Senior Manager Japan
-Accountable for planning and executing the Pet Product Performance program based on
Mars Global Pet Performance Management framework for Japanese market and implement
and maintain controlled in-home consumer panel according to the global guideline.
-Accountable for planning and executing consumer researches in Japan market to support
various product development (NPD/QES) activities.
-This role also includes understanding consumer insights and translate them into the product
key attributes to design the right products for consumers with CTI manager or senior
manager's guidance in Japan.
1) Plan and execute the palatability testing with standard controlled in-home consumer panel
for the global product performance program and support various R&D activities:
· Choose the test product according to the Market data from CMI and develop annual test plan to Global MPPS program lead.
· Maintain the controlled in-home consumer panel quality with excellence by working with the research agency. Refresh the panel to maintain good representation of market.
· Manage executing the in-home palatability testing in time for quarterly rhythm.
· Propose budget based on the program requirement to CTI senior manager.
· Deliver standard report to the Global MPPS program lead according to the defined protocol.
· Coordinate test product logistics under quality standard and SOP and release test products to the agency.
· Actively participate the regional/global PPP community. Provide findings and insights from responsible market for continuous improvement of the program. When needed, partner with global PPMG team to modify or co-create new methodologies as a continuous improvement.
· For R&D activities, coordinate and deliver the result by selecting the best method, protocol and benchmark according to the learning plan. Report the result in timely manner to the CTI project owner and relevant cross functional teams.
· Accountable to plan and track PPP related budget status.
2)Plan, execute and report various consumer testing to support R&D activities:
· Propose appropriate research tools to CTI senior manager according to the project objectives.
· Coordinate test product logistics under quality standard and SOP. Release test products to the agency.
· Design and execute the consumer research by working with CMI and research agency.
· Report the result in timely manner to the CTI project owner and relevant cross functional teams.
· Support product preparation for other consumer tests led by CTI manager or CMI in Japan.
3)Play a CTI lead role for some R&D activities with CTI managers' guidance:
· Navigate product and package development according to the consumers and customers insights in Japan working with Mktg and Development team. Gather consumer insights and translate them into the key product and package attributes, and communicate them to the development team.
· Develop consumer learning plan by partnering with CMI and execute them in timely manner as describing above.
3.Context and Scope
-CTI/Product Performance Technologist is responsible for coordinating and executing product performance testing both with pets and consumers. This role governs the process of assessing product performance at the in-home context for the local market, which is a critical capability to gauge the ability of our product to delight consumers and pets, both for current portfolio and prototypes for R&D product development activities.
-The field work for the in-home testing is performed by research agency. The CTI/Product Performance technologist ensures quality execution at the agency by providing quality briefing. For Pet product performance, expect to implement and maintain the high standard of standard protocol developed by global methodology commu-nity. For consumer testing, expect to use various different tools by partnering with CMI and outside research agencies.
-This role is considered as a potential feeder role for CTI manager (T2). Expect this role to gain expertise on fundamental CTI capability in understanding consumer and customer insights and translate them into the key product and package attributes to navigate product development activities.
1) Education & Professional Qualification
· University degree (Masters or above preferred) in Food Science, Sensory Science, Consumer Science, Life Science or related fields
· Relevant (3 years +) experience in professional placements in FMCG company in the areas of Consumer Science preferably within the capacity of Research & Development.
· Expert in current and innovative Consumer Science methodologies and their application to product development or innovation.
· Relevant Sensory and Consumer Science fundamentals such as running qualitative and quantitative consumer researches. Fundamental statistic knowledge for data analysis is needed.
· Strong communication and presentation skills in English and Japanese.
3) Key Supporting Competencies (4-6)
· Drive for Results (53)
· Problem Solving (51)
· Planning (47)
· Peer Relationships (42)
· Functional Skills (24)
(refer to http://www.talentdevelopment.mars)
4) Key Functional Competencies & Technical Skills (3-5)
· Design of Experiment, Statistics
· Insight Discovery and Interpretations
· Internal and External Network
Job Segment: Data Analyst, Performance Management, Data, Human Resources