A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Petcare Victorville, CA
Responsible for insuring adequate and accurate inventories are available for meeting the demand of production. Communicate effectively between shifts, suppliers, carriers and commercial inbound team and other functions to manage changes and exceptions.
Adhere to personal safety practices that meet OSHA & Mars standards to assure a safe environment for yourself and others. Maintain open communication with site safety committee and site safety manager.
· Perform a daily audit of SAP and Red Prairie inventory to assure a safe, and productive /efficient operation is being achieved. Observe, document, and report all findings.
· Adhere to the production schedule set by the Site Planning Manager and work towards attaining the ATS target for the site
· Actively participate in FMOS process by escalating, providing root cause analysis, and follow through in a timely manner.
· Maintain continuous communication with site functional teams to ensure complete awareness of the manufacturing process in compliance with Q&FS and performance objectives.
· Support Business Unit teams for the continuous improvement of Mars Petcare’s existing and new products and/or processes.
· Participate in the development, revision, and training of mission critical competencies as related to the responsibilities and accountabilities of the position.
· Every associate at Mars Inc has the responsibility for the achievement of quality and food safety.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Manage all packaging and raw ingredient inventory to support daily production schedule
· Ensure all raw materials are received and are accurate against the manifest
· Ensure timely process of invoices through the Ariba
· Daily adjustments of production scrap and raw material scrap
· Daily rail report out (Scheduling, release audit and detention tracking)
· Daily production reporting
Understanding of the pack and raw ingredient inventory and storage capacities
· Cycle Count raw materials weekly
· Cycle Count packaging materials bi-weekly
· Maintain the packaging and raw materials appointment schedule
· Create IDN (Inbound Document Number) in SAP for Rail Cars and manage rail inventory
· Documents and reports all adjustments with S&F and SAP
· Supplier Detention Review and confirmation
· Participate with the WOW (War on Waste) targets for the site
· Participate with quarter and/or year-end packaging and raw materials inventory verification activities with S&F
· Demonstrate a quality culture in actions, words and spirit
· Complete period end activities for packaging and raw materials
· Complete year end activities for packaging and raw materials
Expected to become the back-up Planning Manager
MSE (Mars Supply Excellence) role in a pillar
· Team & unit contribution
· Productive and safe work habits
· Dealing with Ambiguity
· Peer relationships
· Standing Alone
· Team & unit contribution
· Productive work habits
· Mars safety policies and procedures
· HACCP & GMP policies and procedures
· Q&FS testing practices and procedures, and QMP polices
· MyTime (time keeping)
· PRIMP/CAPAs/Action Itesm
· Microsoft Office Suite
· SAP, Red Prairie, Ariba, Interstates, Nexus
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· In depth SAP knowledge for daily transactions
· Problem solving capabilities
· Must able to multi-task various projects and functions at any given time
· Minimum of two years pet food and/or food manufacturing experience
· Demonstrated leadership and technical skills adequate (as outlined above) for the position.
· Evaluated in current position as meeting and/or exceeding job expectations (Mars associates)
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Effective analytical and troubleshooting skills
· 2 year associate degree
· Experience in transportation, inventory and cost management
· Pet food or food manufacturing experience
· Excel knowledge using formulas and pivot tables
· Knowledge of Six Sigma
· Knowledge of Lean Principles
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Riverside
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: ERP, Lean Six Sigma, SAP, Six Sigma, Technology, Management