Inbound Materials Planner
£30,000 - £46,000
When we make brands that put smiles on people’s faces and build better moments for millions, we feel a sense of pride in our work! Today, our iconic products like M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, ORBIT®, EXTRA® and Skittles® are enjoyed in more than 180 countries.
Due to promotions within the Business we now have a brand-new opportunity for somebody to join Mars as an Inbound Materials Planner The chosen candidate will join a team of 9 other planners based across the UK, Poland and the Netherlands and will take full ownership of a raw material assigned specifically to you and ensure supply reaches our different factories across Europe!
We're looking for a real people person with great interpersonal skills and the ability to forge relationships quickly. Most of the time you will be remote working, so we need somebody with a real proactive approach to working. If you experience in buying and have a real passion for data and analytics, then this could be the next challenge for you.
What are we looking for?
· Higher education / 3-5-year professional background
· Experience in planning, analytics and business process application/management
· Excellent in interpersonal skills
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Mid and long-term purchasing planning (forecast analysis connected with raw materials), providing suppliers with the forecasts.
· Regular link with the Factory Schedulers or raw material coordinator for alignment, supplier issues, customer concerns etc.
· Align delivery dates and means of delivery with all the suppliers whilst maintaining relevant data in SAP
· Management of supplier relationships. Evaluate performance of the supplier and provide relevant data to the logistics and factory management teams using state of the art business analytics tools.
What can you expect from Mars?
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension.
· Pet-friendly offices, where your pet’s enjoyment, is as high on our agenda as yours.
· A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance.
· The chance to take hold of your own career and develop personally and expertly.
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Technology