A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Chicago, IL, Hackettstown, NJ, Warsaw, Poland - Flexible
As part of Mars Global Services HR and Workday HCM implementation project, the Core HRIS/HCM Analyst delivers the tools and support services to drive function strategies through global HR solutions. The incumbent provides process and data expertise, functional system ownership/administration, and continuous improvement, delivering quality results that meet functional process requirements and operational efficiencies.
What are we looking for?
· Bachelor’s Degree program in HR, Business Administration, IT, or 8+ years equivalent work experience
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in leading HR information systems, related processes and services solutions, in-depth expertise in HR information system technologies.
· Workday knowledge/certification preferred
· Demonstrated expert knowledge of core HCM systems, solid knowledge and experiences with Workday preferred.
· Successful track record of taking system ownership, including system administration responsibilities in the specific vendor / technology solution / functional area or in transferable / related vendor / functional area
HR global solutions development, support and continuous improvement:
· Solutions Development: Lead the translation of process design into functional requirements / capabilities / user stories / Associate experience to deliver quality P&O solutions. In trusted partnership with Global Process Lead, Global Process Manager, MGS DT and P&O COEs, ensure project deliverables are fully met through solid system/solution design. Evaluate impacts to other applications and related MyP&O support services to manage the change.
· Release Management: Assess vendor releases/updates in related process area(s), including understanding new or changed functionality, evaluate applicability and impacts, and propose changes based on deep knowledge of the implementing system and future direction of the technology and functional area.
· System Configuration: Perform global system configuration for the assigned process areas, manage and execute system administration activities, ensure strong documentation and communications are in place. Assign and coordinate system management activities with other FEs and DT teams. Define strategy to effectively deliver meaningful analytics/reports for area, and define/delegate system reports to HR or Digital Technology teams for design and delivery.
· Date Quality and Privacy: Is named system/module owner for Mars GDPR system/application compliance activities. Accountable for managing and validating standard data definitions, escalating new needs to Data Steward/GPL, and managing data quality improvement process for applicable functional area(s). Ensure data privacy requirements are upheld through strong user access management protocols, security design, and operations.
· Service Management: Oversee and review service delivery from MGS DT, develop Operating Level Agreements (OLAs), set priority, provide feedback and ensure service quality is up to agreed standard. May need to get involved in troubleshooting complex issues and provide input into root-cause analysis. Proactively communicate/escalate significant issues with identified mitigation approaches.
· HR Technology Knowledge: Partner with and support GPL and CoE in understanding and exploring technology features and feasibilities. Build external networks in HR information technology communities (e.g. SuccessConnect, HR Tech, IHRIM, Dreamforce, ASUG, ECUG, etc.) and vendors, understand industry trends and upcoming opportunities. Raise customer request to DT or vendors, influence technology solution roadmap and solutions based on Mars functional needs.
What can you expect from Mars?
· The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own exciting career.
· Commitment to our Purpose and our Five Principles.
· An environment where all Associates feel valued, supported and comfortable being themselves at work.
· An industry competitive compensation package including generous benefits (i.e. 401k, pension, health, etc.).
· Flexible ways of working, including opportunities for flexible hours, work-from-home options, and bring your dog to work program (at select locations).
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Information Systems, HR, HRIS, Technology, Human Resources