A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
European Consolidation & Reporting Analyst
Join the Mars Corporate FP&A team, a unique and specialized team within Veghel!
This is an exciting job concentrating on the European region, including coaching, training and support of users to improve their knowledge as well as improvement and change projects all within our management reporting systems. Due to the European nature, the jobholder will not only develop a helicopter view of management reporting in Europe, but will also be the key person to drive the European finance community to make a change in mindset and embrace the harmonized management reporting views.
· Together with the senior European Consolidation and Reporting Manager, ensure all applicable activities needed for continuity of period close and plan submission are accurately and timely executed.
· Support, train and coach the European User community on functional issues and questions regarding period close / plan submission as well as on best practices.
· (Co-) lead or participate in change management projects, related to the European submission process, the submission requirements or new Mars Organizational Entities.
· The responsibility in these change projects (lead or participate) depends on the nature and complexity/size of these projects.
· Pro-actively contribute to bring good governance around change processes in place (ambassador, communication, transparency, identify & initiate actions to improve / implement in case of missing governance).
· European Management Cross Charge
· Daily European Sales Reporting (Daily Business Position)
We would love to see these skills:
· Good interpersonal skills; able to effectively communicate with people from different teams, different (hierarchical) levels, different units and different cultures.
· Fluent in English (verbal and written communication)
· Hands on experience with SAP, Excel, Power BI, Essbase/Hyperion or other management reporting systems
You absolutely need to have:
· Higher Vocational degree in Finance / Business Economics
· Good understanding of financial statements (understands ‘how to high level read’ P&L, Balance Sheet and KPI’s)
· 2+ years working experience in Finance
Please contact Daan Rijsmus 06-11680879 (Line Manager) for more information about the job or Hanneke Smith 06-11865906 (Talent Acquisition Lead) for more information about the process.
Mars is een werkgever die gelijke kansen biedt en alle gekwalificeerde sollicitanten kunnen in aanmerking komen voor een baan ongeacht ras, huidskleur, religie, geslacht, seksuele geaardheid, genderidentiteit, nationaliteit, handicap of andere karakteristieken in de wet genoemd. Als je tijdens het sollicitatieproces hulp of een aanpassing nodig hebt vanwege een handicap, is dit op verzoek mogelijk. Het bedrijf zal dergelijke assistentie graag verlenen en geen enkele sollicitant zal nadeel ondervinden als gevolg van een dergelijk verzoek.