A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The EDI Analyst position is responsible for leading all EDI communication between internal users, external trading partners, and external EDI communications providers for Mars Petcare US, Inc. The role is responsible for setting up Trading Partners and Trading Partner relationships via the 3 rd Party OpenText platform, monitoring day to day EDI activities for correction and re-transmission to the Customer, conducting advanced troubleshooting with new and existing trading partners and acting as a technical consultant on application development for transactional processing.
The EDI Analyst will work with the Customer Care Organization, Mars Information Services (IS), and Finance on day to day EDI activities and Trading Partner setups. This position is also expected to drive EDI systems / process improvements that positively impact EDI Compliance Metrics and order to cash cycle. This position requires in depth knowledge of EDI and great communication skills.
This role will be part of a functional team including Business Integration Managers, SAP FE’s and EDI Analysts. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for participating in engagement sessions and team collaboration events.
As primary outputs, this position:
· Fosters and develops working relationships within the Supply Chain Leaders, Customer Care, Finance, and Mars IS.
· Recognize areas of improvement within the Information Delivery Systems and continuously improve processes to ensure Supply and Customers receive “Best in Class” Customer Service.
· Delivers high quality, meaningful information and insights to the business via well-organized project management skills and attributes.
· Daily point of contact for EDI inquiries and trouble tickets
· Participating in engagement sessions and team collaboration events
· Act as a consultant on related projects. Ensures that improvements in and/or changes to operations will not have a negative impact on the EDI data or processing
· Ensures that all documents received move properly to SAP. If any documents do not move, the analyst will research errors and correct
· Ensure that all outbound documents are properly transmitted without errors. Analyst will correct any errors and/or supply missing data for any rejected/erred out documents
· Coordinates the implementation of EDI with the customer to improve processing of transactions by eliminating paper and manual effort. Performs scenario tests to maintain data integrity and confirms that documents are processed properly
· Receives incoming calls from external and internal customers to log and answer requests and inquiries
· Assists in project work and maintaining/improving interface integrity
· Provide a detailed working knowledge of SAP package as it relates to EDI
· Reviews daily system generated reports of document transmissions and errors
· Works with the customer service group to ensure that EDI data meets their processing needs
· Updates data on a daily basis to support changing processing needs
· Other duties as assigned
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge:
· Act as an integral member of the EDI Team and support the user community facilitating the improvement of business processes and results
· Document all system issues and EDI requests according to Mars standards
· Act as the first point of contact for EDI issues. Analyze problems and determine next steps i.e. Provide resolution or progress to Mars IS or SAP
· Train key users on all new system functionality
· Ensure business process and training documentation is kept current with latest system functionality
· Streamline the EDI process for the Supply Chain Operating System
· Ensure the accurate consolidation and reporting of information into the requested actionable format and investigate any data discrepancies.
· Maintain key EDI reporting used to assess the health of the system
· Responsible for maintaining technical skill on all appropriate software applications that will provide optimum level of support to the Key User community (i.e. SAP, UltraEdit, etc.)
· Provide project management support or ad hoc support when needed
· Develops recommendations and proposals that drive and support the supply chain and the overall company strategic initiatives
· Assists in Streamlining the information delivery process when applicable
· Strong influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders
· Broad experience in the overall supply chain (planning, manufacturing, order management, physical logistics operations)
· In-depth knowledge of all supply chain systems and data repositories
· 3+ years of experience in technical EDI role
· BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Application or equivalent business experience
· Project management experience
· 3+ years of experience with both VAN and AS2 technologies
· Advanced working and application development skills in Microsoft Excel
· BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Applications, information technology or equivalent business experience
· 5+ years of Experience in technical EDI role
· 856 ASN hierarchal structures
· Operational knowledge of SAP
· 1+ years of experience with UltraEdit software and OpenText platform
· X12, UCS, and VICS standards experience
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Nashville
Job Segment: Database, ERP, Data Analyst, Electronics, Information Systems, Technology, Data