Location: Slough, England
Working with different functional teams, you’ll implement your models and monitor their outcomes – making sure we’re conforming to data security standards at all times. Thinking about the newest technology, you’ll make sure we’re maximizing our efficiency and productivity and provide subject matter expertise across the business whenever it’s needed.
What you’ll need
To do all this, you’ll need:
· Bachelor’s degree in Analytics or related quantitative fields (statistics, Operations research, mathematics, econometrics etc.). An advanced degree is preferred.
· 2-3 years experience in applied data science role or equivalent. Ideally, it would be in CPG, Telecom or Financial services
· Minimum of 3 years of experience preferred working with modelling techniques and advanced applied skills. For example, significance testing, GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining and social network analysis, using tools like Spark, Scala, SAS, R, Python, Bayesia, H2O, Storm, Yarn, and Kafka
· Experience using key external third party data sources including Nielsen/ IRI/ Storeviews, Kantar, Homescan Panel, Retail Execution, Shopper card, first party data and consumer surveys
· Experience querying databases (SQL, Hive) and working with big data platforms such as Hadoop ecosystem (Azure), including in-memory solutions (SAP HANA and Apache Spark)
· Working knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, D3, ggplot, to deliver output to the broader business community to improve decision making and productivity
· Strong communication and presentation skills
What you’ll do
Inspiring the whole Mars business to adopt data driven decision-making by developing advanced analytics methods is huge in your role. How? By mining vast amounts of data from company databases for insights that will help solve business problems and ultimately make Mars more profitable.
Working in a small multidisciplinary team alongside the Global Analytics, Data Engineering, Business Translation and AI teams, you’ll partner with Product Owners to solve problems that real users face using advanced digital techniques. That also means closely collaborating with users from our segments and markets around the world to find the right problems to solve. More than that, you’ll use this direct user exposure to invent true ‘firsts’. That’s new and emerging approaches that Mars, and maybe even the industry, haven’t seen before.
A big part of your role will be choosing the most appropriate technique, based on business need and available data, to develop custom data models and algorithms. As part of that, you’ll also create processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy. All the time, balancing time to deliver with level of detail and accuracy.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Scientific, Database, Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineer, Engineering, Technology