A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The HR Business Partner & Talent Specialist will play an important role in supporting the people strategy for Engineering, Industrial Engineering, and Mars Supply Excellence within North America. This position will also serve as key role as talent specialist to support the execution of the US Strategic Talent agenda in the Region.
What are we looking for?
· Minimum of bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, or related. MS/MBA is preferred.
· 5+ Years of progressive experience P&O/HRBP experience
· P&O/HR Generalist experience
· Solid knowledge of global and local policies and practices and understand their application in solving business needs and ability to provide guidance
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Effective in building relationship at all levels
· Strong analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
· Planning and follow up with strong attention to detail
· Ability to effectively manage and work within ambiguity and prioritize on business needs and resources
· Experience managing change and dealing with ambiguity.
· Ability to travel up to 30%
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Effectiveness – Manage and deliver the people priorities, embed the adoption of Mars signature programs and P&O foundations into the organization, interface with Line Managers, and communicate emerging business needs to CoEs
· Enabling Operations – Guide, support, and position Line Managers to most effectively and efficiently serve Mars associates
· Business Leadership – Partner with the P&O Head and / or Senior Business Partner to achieve the goals aligned with the people agenda and business strategy, provide leadership to the business, and ensure associate advocacy.
· Talent Strategy – Support the Senior Business Partner in implementing the talent and culture activity glidepath from the Talent Strategy in the US
What can you expect from Mars?
· The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
· An industry competitive compensation package including generous benefits (i.e. 401k, pension, health, etc.)
· Commitment to our Purpose and our Five Principles.
· An environment where all Associates feel valued, supported and comfortable being themselves at work.
· The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Allentown
Job Segment: HR, Engineer, Industrial Engineer, HR Generalist, MBA, Human Resources, Engineering, Management