A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Job Purpose and Overview
- The responsibility of this position is to ensure the generation of reliable and timely financial information for all legal entities in Mexico for Petcare and Mars Wrigley Segments
- Ensure the quality and visibility in time of the financial statements (P&L, Balance and NCFO), through submission in corporate systems such as Helios and HFM
- Be an effective co-pilot in the control and monitoring of the Balance Sheet reconciliations
• Responsible for periodic accounting closings to occur on time and in accordance with corporate deadlines, so it will have to coordinate and ensure the quality of financial information.
• Lead the Balance reviews process in order to give visibility to the information as well as possible risks and opportunities in order to detected them in a timely manner.
• Coordinate the account reconciliation process through the Blackline tool
• Support the annual external audit process (PWC and Government), as well as the preparation of the financial statement under Mexican standards (NIF).
• Responsible for period account closing for HFM and Helios systems.
• Accounting and monitoring of recurring accrued liabilities and manual journal entries.
• Preparation of reports through accesses to the different corporate systems (HFM and Helios)
Context and Scope
- This role sits within the Mexico Shared Service Center team responsible for delivering best-in-class Financial information across all S&F systems, content, and processes.
- This role must influence a wide variety of partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment as Financial Planning, Treasury, Taxes, etc
It supports and collaborates most closely with Digital Technologies partners in order to optimize and automate processes
The Accounting Specialist has the following tools to develop the role:
• Atlas_ SAP
• Databases in Excel
• Access to the different corporate systems (HFM and Helios)
Job Specifications and Qualifications
Education & Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree: Must Accounting
• Advanced Office Management (formulas, dynamic tables and good database management)
Knowledge and Experience
• Minimum of 2 - 3 years experience in Accounting areas
• Proactive, self-starter who has excellent project management skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of written and spoken English - MUST
• Multi-national corporate experience working across different time zones and geographies
• Experience in a Shared Services Centre environment would be a plus
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: ERP, Office Manager, SAP, Database, Project Manager, Technology, Administrative