Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you'll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Peaceful retreat settled on Jumeirah Beach, the resort offers the perfect destination for the entire family to unwind and recharge with a breath-taking array of recreation activities, and close proximity to major Dubai local attractions. Featuring exceptional views over the Arabian Gulf, our impressive neoclassical architecture fills our five-star luxury beach resort in Dubai with charm and inspiration.
BABA, by offering both the traditional cuts of meat you would expect, and dishes cooked on our original Turkish grill, will not be your usual steakhouse. With an elegant yet cozy interior, a stunning terrace with an outdoor bar, a fully open kitchen and chef's table, BABA will allow you to share dinner with your family, friends and colleagues in a modern lounge atmosphere created by curated music, bespoke cocktails and amazing food cooked by our Turkish Chefs.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
· Assist with the costing and pricing of menus and other food services having taken into consideration the profit margins lined out in the hotel budgets.
· Make sure that all the Equipment and fixtures are maintained well and reports any faults and damage.
· Be familiar with H.A.C.C.P and other municipality's procedure and requirement, to carries out proper training and control of H.A.C.C.P procedures.
· Responsible for the quality of all food prepared in the kitchen he supervises. He constantly inspects taste, temperature and visual appeal. He makes sure that all dishes are uniform and that established portion sizes are adhered to.
· Total knowledge & understanding of Food Preparation Standard & Procedure.
· Take part in the setting and evolving the standards and procedures
· Responsible for hygiene standards with the Steward Coordinators, in all kitchens, store room, refrigerators and work areas.
· Responsible for the personal hygiene and grooming standards of the kitchen staff.
· To work closely with the chef de cuisine on the development of food cost and quality control procedures.
· To ensure that these control procedures are carried out consistently
· Controls with the Chefs that the Cooks follow standard recipes and methods of preparation
· Handle and store stock according to stock control procedures.
· To be responsible for the daily market lists and purchasing for his/her outlet with the conjunction of the Purchasing Manager; he assures the best quality for the best price.
· Make sure that the quality of the product received and the production are then extreme freshness and up to standard of the restaurant as per L.M.M.S requirement.
· Be aware of duty of care, and adhere to occupational health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
· Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisor's managers of potential hazards and dangers.
Ideal candidate profile
To move into this position you should have
Good conversational skill in English is a must
Minimum 2 years' experience as Chef Tournat/Sr. Chef De Partie and total of 5 years' experience
Previous Experience in 5 stars hotel or restaurant of good standards; preferably with experience in luxury international brands.
Qualification in Kitchen Production or Management will be an advantage.
Comprehensive knowledge and training of kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards will be essential.
Basic Computer Skills in MS Office and Recipe Maintenance System is preferred.
Flexible willing to work on a shift schedule if required.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.