Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
Ideal candidate profile
Process all reservation requests, changes, and cancellations received by phone, fax, or mail. Identify guest reservation needs, determine appropriate room type, and verify availability of room type and rate.
· Explain guarantee, special rate, and cancellation policies to callers.
· Accommodate and document special requests. Answer questions about property facilities/services and room accommodations.
· Follow sales techniques to maximize revenue.
· Communicate information regarding designated VIP reservations.
· Input and access data in reservation system.
· Respond to any challenges found for accommodating rooming requests by communicating with appropriate individual or department.
· Oversee accuracy of room blocks and reservations. Respond to any challenges found for accommodating rooming requests.
· Set-up proper billing accounts according to Accounting policies.
· Troubleshoot, resolve, and document guest issues and concerns or escalate/refer to appropriate individual.
· Supporting Front Desk department.
· Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
· Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
· Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
· Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
· Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats.
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
· Minimum of 2 years reservations agent experience, luxury environment preferred.
· Effective conflict and problem resolution skills.
· Knowledge of Marriott systems
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.