Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you'll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina , ideally located alongside Dubai's largest private white sand beach, Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina is an iconic destination among the most luxurious of Dubai Beach Resorts. Featuring a classic chic decor are subtle purple accents, our 220 Rooms and suites are designed to stimulate your creativity while offering breath-taking views and outstanding resort facilities will enrich your experience.
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Peaceful retreat settled on Jumeirah Beach, the resort offers the perfect destination for the entire family to unwind and recharge with a breath-taking array of recreation activities, and close proximity to major Dubai local attractions. Featuring exceptional views over the Arabian Gulf, our impressive neoclassical architecture fills our five-star luxury beach resort in Dubai with charm and inspiration.
The Reservations department is responsible for identifying guest needs, assisting guests in effective & efficient manner, converting business, maximizing revenue, ensuring complete and accurate update of information in compliance with company policy and strategy. The reservations department is the heart of Mina Seyahi Complex; it is the first guest contact point, sets guest's expectation, adds value to the guest booking & stay experience. It is critical to the overall success of our individual hotels.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
· Handle email and fax offers and requests for availability and prices of retail segment.
· Handles admin tasks of the department i.e. schedule, purchase requests, purchase form, etc.
· Coordinates information between reservations department and other departments.
· Handles 7 days quality check.
· Follows up on waitlisted, non-guarantee bookings and traces.
· Ensure departmental general back-up are maintained.
· Understand the key principles of Marriott Strategies and Revenue Management:
· Retail, Corporate, Leisure, Other
· Rate Restrictions, hurdles and availabilities
· Be fluent on all hotel products and services.
· Be fully conversant with all market segments and rate plans used across all distribution channels.
· Be flexible in sales technique through offering the right product to the right customer at the right time.
· Ensure guest satisfaction and reservation accuracy, by maintaining updated database for all clients' files.
· Handles Reservations Agent job tasks when requested.
· Covers for the team during meetings.
· Support the Reservations Manager and Revenue Management leader with admin work and special projects as required.
· Actively participate in feedback sessions and daily meetings conveying customer feedback.
· Keep inventory and rate balancing between different systems.
· Handle visa and refund requests.
· Responsible for effective implementation and compliance with Marriott Reservation Standards.
· Achieve targeted goals in the Hotel Mystery Shopping calls.
· Maintain accuracy and cleanliness of the PMS Database:
· Ensure market segmentation is accurate for each reservation
· Merge profiles as necessary
· Create hierarchies/relationships between Corporate Accounts
· Ensure reservations meet the property and IPS standards in terms of accuracy of data and guest satisfaction.
· Complete understanding and effective execution of current and new RM tools. Includes Opera PMS / MARSHA / GXP.
· Complete understand and effective use of the Hotel's telephone system.
· Understand Best Rate Guarantee compliance.
· Maintain the Reservation correspondence.
· Liaise daily with the Reservations and or Revenue Management leader regarding business on the books and the strategy for the day.
· Champion the PMS/Interface functionalities, identifying and communication enhancements to the Reservations Manager.
· Share best practices with Reservations and or Revenue Management leader.
· Handle guest complaints with patience and understanding.
Ideal candidate profile
To move into this position you should have:
· The ideal candidate must have a strong admin and organizational skills, sales orientated personality, being able to converse with a wide range of experienced and inexperienced customers.
· Be eloquent and fluent in English verbally and in writing.
· Multiple language ability is an advantage.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Able to work under pressure.
· Willing to learn & develop.
· Able to work on shift basis including night shift, week-ends& holidays
· Be able to practice effective time management in the work place.
· Aware of preciseness and accuracy.
· Able to learn new technology with ease and at a rapid pace.
· Be detailed orientated and take pride in transferring this focus on details to their work in the PMS and all guest correspondence.
· Able to take a customer focused decision by themselves, whilst remaining cognizant of all sales and revenue management principles.
· Display passion for our customers, and enthusiasm for the job.
· Must possess strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, (Excel/PowerPoint/Word) Opera, and be fluent in Internet Explorer.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.