At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests' well-being, and we're energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you're someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Ideal candidate profile
Functional Job Family:
Sales and Marketing
Primary Job Family:
Designs and produces marketing materials including, but not limited to, advertisements, collateral, signage, flash pieces, electronic brochures and presentations to drive hotel revenue.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 5 years experience in the customer service, call center operations, or related professional area.
Associates or Bachelors degree in Computer Graphics or a related field, or related major; 3 years experience in Computer Graphics or a related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Graphic Design Operations
Develops various forms of creative design, computer graphics, production layout and marketing support.
Creates and revises print and multimedia collateral to reflect the current brand look
Manages the look and feel, concept, visual development and final execution of all design directions.
Partners with Marketing managers and related operational departments as part of a project team providing design, conceptualization and solutions pertaining to deliverables.
Maintains familiarity with customer demographics and develops an appropriate look and feel for all promotion and event related collateral.
Monitors the progress of all projects. Provides continuous communication to the Marketing and/or Project team regarding ongoing projects and status updates.
Executes various aspects of production including scanning, digital retouching, image editing, special effects, file manipulation and layout.
Troubleshoots digital production issues as needed.
Maintains project files and archives.
Provides support for escalated support needs via telephone and email and ensures proper resolution of each, including direct contact with stakeholders when necessary. Responds to and handles problems and complaints.
Manages the communication of trends via prepared reports to the appropriate personnel, as well as corporate headquarters and other service centers.
Performs other reasonable requests by management which the associate is capable of performing.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
o Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
o Creative Expression - The ability to generate novel ideas or strategies, and to communicate them with unusual, clever, or novel methods that captivate and influence others.
o Marketing - The ability to generate the strategy used in sales techniques, communications, and business development to positively impact customer relationships and business profitability.
o Internet/Intranet/Extranet Design - Knowledge of web and digital fundamentals, including web and digital design principles and approaches, the impact of various technical design choices, and their impact on the user experience.
o Program Coding - The ability to design and develop programs from functional and technical specifications using standard design techniques, programming languages, and tools (e.g., flow charting).
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.