Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Ideal candidate profile
This position is responsible for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) program and tactic execution for hotels enrolled in Digital Services by Marriott (DS), on Marriott Hotel Websites (HWS) and brand approved hotel standalone websites. The Digital Analyst, SEO will assist in the execution of SEO tactics that support the objectives outlined in a hotel's annual Digital Business Plan.
The Digital Analyst, SEO will assist Client Services Managers, executing digital marketing strategies that support driving increased natural search visibility, rankings, room night growth goals and optimal positioning of Marriott Hotel Websites (HWS) within search engines. All tactics are designed to be economically viable, efficient, repeatable, KPI-driven, and scalable.
The Digital Analyst, SEO is tasked with implementing new techniques and tactics made available to hotels through DS program activation. This position will work cross-functionally with various Marriott Digital teams to advance the value of SEO and local search marketing at hotel level. This role includes collaboration with Strategists, Managers, Sr. Analyst(s) and vendors; aiding in the implementation of tactics across programs and for special projects. This position reports to the Manager, SEO Operations.
The Digital Analyst, SEO position lives within Digital Services by Marriott (DS), Marriott's comprehensive in-house digital services program for hotels. This centralized in-house team provides individual hotels with a range of digital services, and functions as an agency-like model within the Digital Services organization.
Preferred Education and Experience
· BS/BA degree in marketing, communications, hospitality management or related field.
· 1 - 2 years of relevant work experience (digital marketing, SEO, content management, etc.).
· Agency internship or work experience preferred; tactical execution responsibilities a plus.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
· Manages execution of SEO related tactics that support the overarching Marriott Digital strategies and goals.
· Assists in the cross-functional training of Operations and Client Services team members on SEO tactics and processes.
· Assists in prioritizing, organizing, and accomplishing work within SEO Center of Excellence.
· Easily adapts to the ever-changing digital landscape to implement new processes and execute on new tactics.
· Manages execution of the following tactics (always evolving, and not limited to):
· Local citation audits and optimizations (Yelp, Yext, Google My Business)
· Local citation cleanup
· Keyword research and refreshes
· Link research and building activities
· SEO competitive auditing and intelligence
· SEO and keyword visibility reporting and analysis
· International language SEO for global site activation
SEO Management and Execution
· Aligns and partners with Corporate SEO Team to execute best-in-class SEO for hotels, following Marriott-specific best practices.
· Cross-trained on tactics regularly managed by Analyst, Social (for support when necessary).
· Manages aspects of local search and citation operations, reviews local citation cleanup from vendors; updates and modifies as necessary.
· Reviews keyword research from vendors and agencies; updates and modifies as necessary.
· Reviews completed local linking consultations from vendors; updates and modifies as necessary.
· Supports Account Managers with BrightEdge tracking setup, updates and reporting; analyzes and provides SEO insights.
· Works with team to execute sustainable work processes that support the SEO Operations Center of Excellence.
· Employs laser focus on tactic quality and efficiency, working to ensure deliverables are completed to Digital Services standards and timelines.
· Employs the project management system and other resources in place to track tactical work for DS programs.
· Utilizes internal Marriott content management systems, as well as outside SEO vendor platforms, dashboards and tools.
· Establishes and maintains documentation to track progress and completion for content related tactics.
Tools and Vendors
· Maintains strong working knowledge of SEO-relevant Marriott internal platforms and systems, including Enterprise Property Information Center (EPIC) and Hotel Websites (HWS) alongside external tools such as MOZ, Majestic, Screaming Frog, BrightEdge, etc.
· Assists in training on tactical processes and best practices to fellow Analysts and Client Services team members.
· Provides training and support on internal Marriott and SEO systems and tools.
· Attends and participates in all relevant meetings.
· Maintains positive working relations with internal partner teams, vendors, internal Client Service and Operations teams.
· Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
· Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
· marketing experience required, digital marketing experience preferred.
· Ability to multitask in a fast pace environment
· Detail oriented, takes initiative
· Able to effectively work independently, or at times as part of a team
· Acts independently to improve knowledge and skills .
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
· Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
· Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
· Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
· Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
· Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.