At Lidl, we have over 650 stores that rely on the round-the-clock hard work of our warehouse teams to make sure they have all the products they need to sell to customers. As a warehouse operative, you'll quickly become a dab-hand at the job once you've completed your basic training. That's because the core tasks of order picking, repacking and shipping our stock to stores remain the same every day of the year. The challenge comes from working quickly, listening to your headset, picking the right stock every time, stacking it perfectly for deliveries and wrapping it tightly to be loaded onto the lorries. You'll need to take pride in a job well done. Making sure the products arrive at our stores in perfect condition takes great concentration all the way through a demanding shift.
Please note that as part of your application you will be asked to complete three exercises taking less than 20 minutes, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you and your potential as a member of our team. Should you be successful at this stage you will then be invited for a face to face interview.
What will you do?
· Checking Transport lanes & ensuring all pallets are correctly labelled and stable
· Transporting Fruit & Veg Pallets into the correct lanes in time for vehicle departures
· Picking Milk into the Temperature Controlled areas
· Liaising with Selection to ensure stock is picked in time ready for vehicle departures
· Training and development on Transport WPS systems
What will you need?
· Some experience of working in a fast-paced, target driven environment
· Willingness to work with all different types of stock, in temperature-controlled areas
· Good attention to detail when working quickly
· Self-motivation to work hard and do everything to the best of your ability
· Flexibility to work a range of different shift options, during the day or night
What do we offer?
You will be well-rewarded for your work at Lidl. Not only will you be part of a secure, growing business, we'll make sure you have quality training and progression opportunities if you want to develop a career with us. As well as your competitive hourly rate, starting from £9.00 with the ability to earn up to £10.10 (*dependent on experience), you will also get 30 days' holiday, a pension scheme, discount on our products and corporate discounts on holidays, days out, cinema tickets and plenty more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.