Here at Lidl, we have revolutionised the retail industry, and as we move into the next stage of our growth and development we are seeking Lidl's future leaders. Efficiency is at the heart of everything we do, and our Area Managers are no different. You will do more than you ever thought possible and have more of an impact than you ever imagined. To achieve this, you will need to be the best of the best and have experience of leading a team across multiple sites and achieving the best results.
As a savvy, competitive, business-minded Area Manager, you will lead and direct a group of 4-6 Lidl stores to ensure optimum performance. You will have ample responsibility, with your stores relying on you for direction, strategy and leadership. You will be the type of person that will turn up at the store fully charged, ready to work alongside the Store Manager, showing them how to lead and perform their tasks to the best of their ability and beyond.
You'll join us as a Trainee Area Manager and go through a rigorous training programme for up to 9 months, to ensure you know our business inside out. We know our roles might not be for everyone, but if you want to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in, you're exactly who we're looking for!
Please note, you will need to be fully flexible to relocate to across the UK to support our business need. We are holding an open event at our Eurocentral Distribution Centre in Scotland on 28th February 2020. Our recruitment team will be in touch to arrange your space at the event.
Please note that your application will include three online exercises, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you as a potential future leader for Lidl. To find out more and even conduct a practice exercise, please feel free to visit the following website: http://getstarted.cut-e.com
The process will also include a telephone interview and face-to-face selection event. We look forward to receiving your application .
What will you do?
· Visit your stores regularly and set focus points with your Store Managers
· Support your Store Managers to recruit, train and develop their teams
· Work with and mentor your Store Managers on their store performance
· Help your store management team to problem-solve and address any issues they escalate to you
· Visit the regional office for monthly meetings and ensure you're aligned with your colleagues
What will you need?
· Qualification of a degree level of 2:2 or above in any discipline within the last 4 years
· Able to relocate within a one-hour commute of the regional location
· Possession of a Full valid UK driving licence
· The ability to understand complex reports and put the necessary actions in place
· Capability to learn and understand the Lidl model and processes and follow effectively
· A confident, decisive communication style and the ability to motivate your team
· The willingness to learn, be hands-on and take the lead on strategy and planning
What do we offer?
You will be well-rewarded for your work at Lidl. Not only will you be part of a secure, growing business, we'll make sure you have quality training and progression opportunities if you want to develop a career with us. As well as your competitive salary, starting from £43,000 with the ability to earn up to £47,000 per annum (*dependant on experience), you will also get a fully-expensed company car, 35 days' holiday, a pension scheme, private medical insurance, discount on our products and corporate discounts on holidays, days out, cinema tickets and plenty more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.