Our Head Office Tax Function is looking for a highly organised and enthusiastic individual to join their team. In this role you will utilise your natural enthusiasm, impeccable attention to detail, proven financial understand to work within the team of Tax specialists. This is an ideal role for a positive and enthusiastic team player who is looking to grow their career in Tax finance and would be looking for progression within a growing company.
What will you do?
Oversight of VAT compliance for multiple companies comprising:
· Preparation of supporting working papers.
· Interrogation of accounting systems and analysis of outputs from other departments
· Assembly of data into tax returns
· Assisting with evaluating business initiatives and expansions from a tax perspective, and providing advice to the business as appropriate
· Liaising with internal stakeholders, information providers, external advisers and revenue authorities
· Assist the Tax Function with any tax queries, tasks and deadlines
· Assisting with audits
What will you need?
· Genuine enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
· A genuine passion for performing tasks effectively, efficiently and to a high standard
· Strong analytical, numeracy and accounting skills
· A keen eye for detail
· Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines within a varied workload
· Confident communication skills and ability to work well in a team
· PC literacy – a good working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
· IT literacy – knowledge of SAP
· Self-motivation and a proactive mind-set with a can-do attitude and the ability to work on projects and solve problems independently
· A high degree of flexibility
· German language is desirable but not essential
What do we offer?
· Earn between £27,000 - £33,000 per annum (subject to experience)
· An additional 10% of your annual salary as a non-contractual London Weighting benefit
· 30 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays)
· 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
· Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden
· products, leisure activities and more)
· Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
· Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects