Our Head Office IT Service Desk provides our national business with technical and functional support and incident management across core infrastructure components, business systems and user equipment, including bespoke applications and systems.
This is the first point of contact for all calls and the team must ensure all calls are answered and issues are logged, diagnosed and resolved/escalated where applicable within agreed SLA timeframes.
This is an exciting role for a customer-focussed individual to join our energetic IT Service Desk to provide high quality, effective incident management and fulfilment of our customers' requests.
What will you do?
· Receiving and logging calls on behalf of users
· Routing calls to appropriate teams
· Providing technical assistance to users
· Controlling and monitoring IT systems
· Pro-actively keeping customers updated
· Providing onsite and remote Desk Support
· Maintaining Service Level targets
· Installation of software and hardware
· Managing incidents, requests and problems
· Assisting with End User training
· Setting up accounts and completing the administration associated with this
What will you need?
· Previous Service Desk experience within an ITIL environment
· A positive, proactive manner with excellent customer service skills and experience of following procedures and guidelines
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with good planning and organisational skills
· Self-initiative and the drive to provide great customer service
· A basic understanding of IT systems (servers, networks and printing devices)
· A committed can-do attitude
· Previous experience of providing first-line support
· Able to work to tight deadlines in line with a Service Level Agreement environment
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to work effectively on your own and in a team environment
· Experience of using appropriate IT technology, methods, principles and equipment such as:
· Win8 / Win10
· Laptop / desktop support
· Basic Networking knowledge
· Active Directory
· Incident management systems
· Experience of using the following IT technology would be desirable:
· Lotus Notes
· Cisco Phone Systems or other similar system
· MS SharePoint
What do we offer?
· £22,000 - £27,000 per annum (subject to experience)
· An additional 10% of your annual salary as a non-contractual London Weighting benefit
· 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
· A contributory pension scheme
· 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
· Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
· Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
· Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.