Collaborate and partner with Brand Design and Merchant teams and Mast Global cross functional associates; including Raw Material, Regional TD, Product Development, Product Performance, Production & Sourcing, QA and Vendors and trim/component suppliers, taking responsibility for the technical development of new styles and application of all quality standards relating to fit and construction. Ensure garment consistency across product categories, analyze and communicate risk during development cycle and continuously seek to drive product improvements to ensure best in class fit, comfort and performance with goal of consistently exciting our customers and exceeding wearing expectations.
• Act as a positive, supportive, partner, fostering open communication in a cohesive team environment with all business partners, consistently demonstrating our shared values and competencies
• Serve as a functional expert and Brand Guardian for specific product area
• Work closely to support Senior Technical Designer, ensuring any business critical/hot topics are raised in a timely manner
• Respond quickly to change with a positive attitude and willingness to learn new ways to work and achieve objectives.
• Evaluate fit and construction of proto samples ensuring clear direction of design aesthetic, fit intent and construction.
• Lead fit sessions on live model and communicate fit/construction corrections to vendors via written instruction, flat and on body measurements and digital images.
• Partner with design to execute Design Intent and pass off to regional TD partners to commence fit approval cycle.
• Track and manage workflow and ensure seasonal calendar deadlines are met
• Analyze Wear Test results and complete recommendations for product and fit enhancements.
• Establish fit and quality standards to ensure consistency across product categories.
• Identify potential production, quality, and/or costing issues and provide recommendations and solutions.
• Partner with cross-functional teams to align on product performance standards as it pertains to brand integrity.
• Maintain knowledge of product development process from concept through production, including patternmaking, construction, costing, manufacturing and materials.
• Identify and proactively engage in competitive analysis.
• Participate in design, technical and cross-functional meetings.
• Present technical data and initiatives to cross-functional team, flexing style to audience.
• Support merchants, design and regional partners by responding to and analyzing customer feedback and making appropriate recommendations.
• Participate and support new initiatives and projects.
• Technical education in garment fit and construction to degree level or equivalent work experience.
• Knowledge of factory, manufacturing techniques and machinery.
• 6-7 years of technical design experience in apparel
• Experience using a product development technical specification program (PDM, PLM etc).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word etc).
• Organization skills and ability to multi task.
• Ability to identify issues and create solutions outside of established parameters and guidelines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.