Develop quality, cost effective secondary packaging (setboxes, folding cartons, vacforms,misc. protective packaging) to support the Luxury Products Division s promotional programs. Provide a business partner approach in working with customer groups within the LPD organization and supplies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
· Develop packaging for Luxury and Active products’ promotional programs
Interact with Creative, Marketing, Creative Services, Logistics, Purchasing, Quality Assurance, Assembly Subcontractors, and Distribution departments and suppliers on a daily basis
· Test, evaluate and validate package components and assemblies.
Identify and troubleshoot potential issues that may occur during package manufacturing and program assembly.
· Develop and issue Requests for Quotation to approved suppliers.
Create and maintain package profiles, component specifications, pack-out instructions and pallet patterns.
Maintain Greenpoint Data
· Coordinate approval of components, copy and color proofs among suppliers and Marketing/Creative departments.
· Attend component and assembly production start-ups and collaborate with Quality Assurance to establish quality standards and resolve packaging problems.
Attend supplier quarterly business review meetings to reinforce quality, function and aesthetic packaging parameters.
· Attend and contribute to regularly scheduled Program Status Meetings in NY and SB with Marketing, Creative, Feasibility and Purchasing departments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
· BS degree or equivalent work experience in package development or related field
· Preferred of 2 years package development experience in cosmetic or consumer products industry
· Knowledge and experience in the following packaging manufacturing processes: print, thermoform, setboxes, folding cartons, vacforms, labels, inserts, corrugate and misc. protective packaging.
· Very strong project management, organizational, negotiation and presentation skills
· Ability to manage change and multiple projects simultaneously
· Strong MS Office computer skills: Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook
· Knowledge and understanding, and/or ability to develop specifications, profiles, Cad drawings, pallet patterns( Cape), work in SAP
· Must have a sense of urgency and service orientation with a high degree of flexibility and responsiveness
· Excellent communication skills (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills
· Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers
The job requires attention to detail in making evaluative judgments based on the analysis of factual information. They are expected to resolve problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience and will be guided by precedents.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com . Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.","datePosted":"2019-09-26T06:34:45.640Z