Roles and Responsibilities
· Advising local, regional and international groups on a range of cross border tax issues, group structuring, tax efficient financing, inbound and outbound investment, etc.
· Recommending strategies for managing clients' effective tax rate using efficient intellectual property, financing and other strategies.
· Project managing client service teams on an ongoing basis on advisory projects. This involves liaising with specialists, overseas member firms and external advisers to deliver successful projects and expertise to those clients.
· Responding to requests from clients for other KPMG services. Understanding the client's business and helping to identify areas for the provision of tax and other services.
· Represent the KPMG brand to clients and prospects in the marketplace by networking at key events and participating in speaking opportunities
· Assist in growing the practice by conducting proactive business development activities including identifying tax and cross-sell opportunities and responding to proposal requests
Leadership and People
· Keeping technical knowledge up to date and help share knowledge with the wider team.
· This leader will use their industry experience, depth of technical knowledge and strong collaborative expertise to add value, and demonstrate executive leadership across the practice
· Assist in developing business plans, leading and developing tax personnel in their interactions with clients in the marketplace
· Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills in managing and motivating high performing teams.
· Attract, develop and retain talent
Qualifications and Skills
· ACCA, CPA,CIA,CIMA, (Qualified Chartered Accountant), LLB or equivalently qualified
· At least fifteen years in a professional services environment, including at least five years at a leadership level in a professional services firm
· Successful track record of new business origination
· Excellent client service and organizational management skills
· Proven success and track record in building, developing growing and sustaining client relationships
· Experience in international tax
· Sound judgement, including the ability to identify and evaluate risk issues
· Strong interpersonal skills and must be a team player
· Strong communication skills both oral and written with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally
· High level of analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving complex issues
· High level of drive and enthusiasm with a positive attitude
Auto req ID
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory Services. We operate in over 154 countries and employ over 200,000 people worldwide.
KPMG in Trinidad and Tobago is locally owned and operated, and is a member of the global network of professional service firms whose aim is to turn knowledge into value for the benefit of our clients, our people and the capital markets.
It is to be noted that we operate not only in Trinidad and Tobago, but have been providing services across the Caribbean Region. This stems largely from the fact that the network of KPMG member firms operate through many countries and resources can be shared, thus making our skills available as and where they are needed.
Service Line - Other
Full Time / Part Time
Port of Spain