KPMGLaw LLP is a national law firm with offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary and Montreal. KPMG Law LLPis affiliated with the professional services firm of KPMG LLP.In Vancouver, our practice focuses onCanadian corporate tax, international corporate tax and tax M&A practices.Since our approachis to be anintegrated multidisciplinary firm, our team of lawyers work closely with accountants on client engagements in other tax practice areas.You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 207,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 153 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
Overview of the opportunity:
KPMG Law Tax Litigation & Dispute Resolution section assists companies and individuals to protect against, prepare for, and respond to challenges by the tax authorities. KPMG Law is involved in each stage of the tax dispute - from pre-litigation to litigation in provincial and federal courts.
We are currently seeking an experiencedTax Litigatorfor our Vancouver office to assist our income tax planning, litigation and dispute practice. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on diverse and intellectually challenging files that involve all aspects of tax dispute resolution and litigation.
About the Team:
KPMGLaw LLP is a national law firm with offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary and Montreal. Our Vancouver team practices inCanadian corporate tax, international corporate tax and tax M&A practices.Our team of lawyers work closely with accountants and partners in other tax practice areas on client engagements,since our approach has been to establish ourselves as an integrated multidisciplinary firm. KPMG Law LLPis affiliated with the professional services firm of KPMG LLP
To learn more about KPMG Law LLPvisitourwebsite
What you will do:
· Supportclients in responding to federal and provincial audits, preparing notices of objection and written representations to the Canada Revenue Agency and other federal and provincial tax authorities
· Conduct tax litigationwith various courts
· Develop and maintain client relationships, while independently and effectively managing a high volume of cases
· Provide support and coaching to junior team members At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
What you bring to the role:
· 5+ years of Canadian tax litigation experience
· Law degree from an accredited institution and qualified to practice law in British Columbia
· Knowledge of Tax Court of Canada procedures
· Superior organizational skills with the ability to work effectively in a deadline driven environment
· Dedicated to providing superior client experience
· Excellent research, verbal and written communication skills Keys to your success:
· Thrive on challenges
· Proven client management skills
· Strong analytical, communication and writing skills
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Location Vancouver, BC ,Our Values, The KPMG Way
We lead by example | We work together | We respect the individual
We seek the facts and provide insight | We are open and honest in our communication
We are committed to our communities | Above all, we act with integrity
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process , please contact the HR Shared Service Centre by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 (Option 1). KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
Category Accounting Service Line KPMG Law ,Industry Not Applicable