Tax Associate, Research & Development/ AMCS
47877 - 39
Area of Interest:
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate or Senior to join ourAccounting Methods and Credit Services practice.
· Work with multi-disciplinary teams to conduct research and development (R&D) tax credit consulting services, including leading client interviews and discussions, performing tax technical research, and developing business and industry expertise
· Assistance on federal tax consulting services, including section 199 domestic production activities deduction, accounting method assessments, design and implementation of projects related to revenue and expense recognition, capitalized items, fixed assets and inventories
· Communicate directly with client personnel, including operations, finance, accounting, and engineering
· Assist in managing and implementing multiple projects simultaneously, which include client interviews, computations, analysis, data gathering and coordination of KPMG and client resources
· Perform engagement management activities including billing analysis, invoicing and engagement setup
· Assist with drafting opinion letters, responses to IRS inquiries, IRS ruling requests and writing other technical memoranda
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
· Experience in a public accounting firm or corporate taxation experience is preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Access along with experience performing internet research
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to travel and work at client locations
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Theattached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.