- Acting as the day to day contact on audit engagements, liaising with audit teams, the client and AARTS/tax managers
- Reviewing, testing and documenting technical tax disclosures prepared by clients and their independent advisers
- Delegating delivery of work to junior colleagues whilst maintaining control of quality and timetables.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships across a portfolio of clients;
- Developing and maintaining internal relationships with the audit teams, and other departments;
- Mentoring and developing of junior members of staff;
- Keep up to date and share technical insights with rest of AARTS team.
- Anticipates the viewpoint of others, listens and addresses concerns
- Builds co-operative relationships and champions an environment in which everyone’s opinion is valued
- Provides ongoing feedback, coaching and mentoring that supports individuals development needs and career aspirations
- Proactively engages in cross-functional communications and sharing of information.
You will have some of the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- ACA, ACCA or CTA qualified;
- Sound knowledge of UK corporate taxation and preferably awareness of international tax issues
• Sound knowledge of accountancy principles, in particular accounting for tax (including deferred taxation and accounts disclosures)
- Ability to build good relationships with clients
• Communicates with impact in a way that is open, honest, consistent, and clear
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work. Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work;
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information;
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience.
• Strong time and task management skills. Able to remain calm when under pressure and meet deadlines
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.