We invite highly motivated, dynamic professionals to join our growing Data & Analytics Team.
Our data and analytics centre of excellence is currently looking for a Data Engineer to join our fast growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible to participate in the development and deployment of data and analytics solutions to both our internal teams and external clients. This is the perfect opportunity to become a part of an innovative and energetic team that constantly works on real-world business problems with a wide range of clients across multiple industries.
The role involves:
• Rapidly prototype, develop, and optimize D&A implementations to tackle the BI/EDW/Big Data and Data Science needs for a variety of Fortune 1000 corporations and other major organizations
• Develop and maintain D&A solutions on premise/cloud/KPMG-hosted/hybrid infrastructure; be the team champion of some mainstream BI/EDW/Big Data toolsets like Data Factory, SSIS, Tableau, Alteryx, Informatica, Pentaho, Er-Win and Power Designer
• Play the role of data owner in cross-disciplinary teams; Build logical/physical data models
• Discover, profile, acquire, process, model, and own data for the solutions; Implement data processing pipelines, data mining/science algorithms, and visualization engineering to help clients distill insights from rich data sources, including social media, news, internal/external documents, emails, financial data, client data and operational data
• Help in research and experiment of leading/emerging BI/EDW/Big Data methodologies, such as serverless data lake, AWS Redshift, Athena, Glue, GCP BigQuery, and MS PowerBI and apply them to real client solutions
• From data engineering point of view, help in the process for pursuing innovations, target solutions, and extendable platforms for D&A, KPMG and client
The ideal candidate should possess:
• 4 to 10 years of relevant data engineering experience in related industries, preferably professional services with experience or knowledge of RDBMS design, data modeling, MPP EDW system implementation; Interest and with the ability to pick up and learn new technologies quickly
• Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree or PhD from an accredited college/ university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Hands-on experience and knowledge in: BI/EDW/Big Data toolsets (Data Factory, SSIS, Tableau, Alteryx, Informatica, Pentaho, Er-Win, and Power Designer); Linux/Unix/Windows/.NET; Market-leading fluency of SQL and several programming languages (Bash/ksh/PowerShell; Python/Perl/R)
• Hands-on experience and knowledge in distributed computing architecture, massive-parallel processing big data platforms like Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, Spark, Hive/Impala, H-Base/MongoDB/Casandra and Teradata/Netezza/Redshift
• Hands-on experience or knowledge in mainstream cloud infrastructures: AWS, MS Azure and GCP; their D&A related Microservices; Ability to implement data lake and serverless data lake
• Exposure to digital transformation on Smart Nation strategy to digital solution architect focusing on IoT domain (Smart City, Smart Building, Smart Plant and Smart Edge)
• Good understanding of enterprise business solutions such as Microsoft Dynamics 365, Salesforce, SAP, Oracle and experience in data migration to cloud data platform
• Knowledgeable in the field of project management, implementation, process improvement, reengineering, stakeholder management and change management
• Ability to work at Client location and integrate with the client work culture
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.