KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
The team within KPMG that this role sits within is MC Technology Enablement, within the data capability – “Data-HQ”
Our Team – Data HQ
You will be joining the Data-HQ team here at KPMG. We help our clients understand and unlock the value of their data as an asset whilst shrinking their data liability to stay safe and be competitive in the market.
As an Assistant Manager, you will be joining a collaborative and energetic team. Our team covers a broad range of data “pillars” including Data Visualisation, Data Management, Data Migration, Data Architecture and Data Requirements.
You will work across all of our pillars, and as you progress in your career you can specialise and become an SME in the area where your interest lies. We are looking for a proactive individual who is passionate about data, working with clients, has a thirst to learn and is excited to support us in growing our team.
Our Data-HQ team is growing at a fast pace and as this continues we want to ensure we are fostering an enjoyable and supportive place to work. Therefore we are seeking people with high energy who can:
• Build lasting client relationships with client stakeholders, actively building a network and range of experience to help address client needs
• Build constructive working relationships within KPMG and the industry across different teams, functions and countries at all levels
• Work with subject matter experts and project teams to identify, define, collate, document and communicate the data requirements
• Support the growth of the practice through internal initiatives and support winning new business through developing bid responses
• Inspire change and make an impact within the team and in a client organisation.
• Coach and develop junior colleagues
• Prior consulting experience is desirable, but not essential
From a technology point of view, we cover a vast range of data work in the team hence a broad range of data skills across data management, data architecture, data visualisation, data requirements, data migration are desirable, but please do not think you have to be an expert in every area in order to apply:
• SQL knowledge and database experience working on relational, dimensional and no-SQL techniques.
• Data Visualisation skills, for example building dashboards using Qlik, Tableau, Power BI etc.
• Capturing data requirements for large scale transformation programmes, through working with a broad range of stakeholders, running workshops etc.
• Data Analysis experience such as data mapping between various source systems and target systems and defining the data transformation rules
• Data Management / Governance experience such as defining data quality rules, writing data dictionaries, understanding recent regulations and their impact on data.
• Experience with Alteryx, Collibra, Informatica etc.
• Data Architecture experience such as assisting in the design of target data and systems architecture, data models, data mappings etc.
• Experience in Data Integration technologies and techniques like ETL, Unix scripting, real time data ingestion and API based integration
• Experience in Hadoop based technologies such as Hortonworks and Cloudera
• Good understanding of Cloud platforms including AWS, Azure and Google
• Experience and understanding of Python
• Business process management technologies such as Appian
When you come on board we will really value the skills and experience you bring to the table, in turn we will provide an environment that will help you develop and progress in your career journey. Our team is growing so you will have ample opportunities to develop your skills and experiences and grow your career. Not only will you develop on the job through working on a range of projects for various clients across FS, but we will ensure you receive formal training to bolster your knowledge in the pillars you are interested in, receive tailored career advice via your performance manager, pillar leads and mentors and improve your managerial skills by leading small teams.