The Technology in M&A team at KPMG is a growing and dynamic team.
We deal with all aspects of the technology function, from strategy to reviewing technology spend.
We work with both acquirers and vendors on pre- and post-deal technology issues. Our three key client proposition areas are:
1) Due diligence: Highlighting key risks and opportunities in the target’s technology environment in order to ensure that acquirers are aware of key issues that may impact valuation.
2) Integration: Planning pre and post deal to support the client to integrate the IT function and systems into the Buyer’s organisation whilst enhancing value.
Separation: Supporting Vendors to plan and deliver a credible, discrete standalone entity on Day 1 to the Buyer with value preserved and business continuity ensured from an IT perspective including support to define and implement transitional service agreements.
You will deliver projects working closely alongside senior members of the team, who will provide guidance and insight in the deal environment. This will provide you with the opportunity to build your transactions knowledge and further develop your technology skills base.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering and reviewing technology related deal and transaction reports
- Analysing and data mapping to comment on the technology of the business including cost, products and systems and IT contracts
- Providing insights on IT aspects of the deal that are relevant to the client and readers of the IT due diligence reports and to be able to explain issues simply, highlighting the impact of technology on business strategy, operations and, ultimately, deal valuation.
- Developing an understanding of IT benchmark and qualitative information to provide insights to clients to describe a typical IT function
- Contributing content for sections of reports/deliverables
Integration & Separation
- Advising on technology aspects of integration, separation (carve outs) and optimisation initiatives (e.g. synergy analysis) including the development of target operating models, understanding the current IT landscape, defining transitional service agreements, developing detailed plans, and supporting the implementation of such plans.
- Support the IT workstream in integrations and separations within a larger team of Integration & Separation colleagues
- Identification or review of client synergies for IT within a larger team
- When you are not working on a project, you will provide support to senior colleagues in a number of different aspects such as preparation of proposal materials, development of propositions etc.
- Desirable to have an IT specialism such as: IT strategy, applications, infrastructure, architecture, cyber security
- A good understanding of, or preferably a background in IT/technology, ideally in a M&A environment
- Facilitation of client meetings and interviews
- Programme management experience
- Comfort with ambiguity, fluid consulting situations and a highly pressured environment which characterise transactions
- Willingness to travel