Tasks and responsibility:
- The legal expert will support the Administration for Prevention of Money Laundering (APML) to effectively operate its core functions in the course of project implementation;
- The expert will have hands-on experiences providing legal services preferably to public sector. It is desirable the expert to have good knowledge of international anti-money laundering standards, especially EU respective directives, and their transposition in the legal framework (laws and bylaws). Specific experiences in FATF/MoneyVal standards implementation will be considered as an advantage;
- The expert will primarily assist the Senior Legal Expert and will work closely with the APML, TL, other experts and also other project stakeholders;
- The expert will work with the Senior Non Key Expert on the activities related to assessing the compliance of domestic legal framework with FATF and MoneyVal recommendations and Evaluation Reports along with proposing potential amendments of the domestic legal framework;
- The expert will provide specific legal assistance in implementation of measures laying behind certain international FATF/Moneyval recommendations;
-The expert will work closely with APML and relevant authorities in analysis of particular measures and their adaption to specific legal and administrative framework in Serbia;
- The expert will analyse the current ways of exchanging of information between APML and reporting entities and the possible MoUs already drafted and in place with an eye on updating current MoUs and drafting new ones;
- The expert will provide situational analysis regarding application of existing MoUs; draft/revise MoUs with relevant institutions; review current by-legislation and improve if necessary (like rulebooks, STR indicators, STR reporting recommendations, guidelines, etc.);
- The expert will also work with APML and other project stakeholders especially LEAs in strengthening the cooperation and coordination mechanisms between LEAs and APML, and their capacities;
- The expert will assist preparation and delivery of joint trainings to APML, LEAs and judges on legislation, procedures and practices applied by Serbian LEAs and the evidence accepted by Courts in investigating, prosecuting and adjudicating ML/FT;
- The expert will provide an assessment of current cooperation mechanisms between the LEAs and APML according to National AML/CFT Strategy and NRA and accordingly support its update with recommendations for further improvement and provide recommendations regarding centralized database for all ML cases and a related coordinated strategy applicable to all relevant law enforcement bodies;
- The expert will organize joint workshop on practical cases on ML/TF and Study Visit to similar judicial / prosecutorial jurisdictions with efficient systems and results in prosecutions and convictions in ML/TF;
- The expert will evaluate the ways to the strengthen the capacities of APML, LEAs and judges, including on organisation of Mock Trials on ML/TF and Mock investigations, and financial investigation training programme.
- University degree in law (level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least 4 years);
- Excellent knowledge of English language;
- Computer literacy;
- Knowledge of Serbian language would be considered as an advantage;
- Minimum 3 years of working/postgraduate experience in the fields relevant to this assignment;
- Experience in Serbian legal practice;
- Experience in international legal practise would be an advantage;
- Proven experiences in working on legal assessments;
- Understanding the current legal and institutional frameworks in Serbia;
- Experience and knowledge related to legal issues in the area of AML/CFT reforms and/or FATF and Moneyval processes would be considered as an asset;
- Experience in advising public entities would be considered as an advantage.
Deadline for submission of applications is 30th of April 2019.
Civil servants and other staff currently employed by public administrations of the beneficiary country are not eligible to apply as experts. Experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest regarding the responsibilities defined by the Terms of Reference.
Our Values: Lead by example | Work together | Respect the individual | Seek the facts and provide insight | Communicate open and honestly | Improve communities | Act with integrity
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.