Working within KPMG's Financial Crime Technology team this new role requires a combination of Transaction Monitoring technical skills, client contact, business development and project management.
The team sits within KPMG’s Risk Consulting function that assists clients to assess, assure, review, test and improve their financial crime systems whilst using innovative Data Analytics tools and approaches.
Upon joining the team, you will be involved in a wide range of financial crime projects with a particular focus on Transaction Monitoring systems.
The management, manipulation and analysis of data and transformations using innovative techniques to extract the necessary intelligence from related data assets will be key in this client delivery focused role.
You will have the opportunity to enhance and take your current skills set to the next level by gaining strong consulting and business experience whilst developing your ability to manage work streams and projects.
Team and people management will be at the heart of effective project delivery. Your unique skills-set of technical and theoretical expertise will give you the opportunity to share your knowledge for the greater team success and personal development.
• Whilst on client engagement ensuring teams are able to balance and manage reactive and proactive data analysis of large volume of data, structured and unstructured, utilizing a wide range of database management systems, reporting systems and visualisation software.
• Working with forensic teams, lawyers and regulatory authorities in adversarial and sensitive situations involving fraud or regulatory investigations.
• Risk management: You will collaborate in ensuring the Firm's risk management frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively.
• Project delivery: You will be responsible for the delivery of client facing projects, being the primary point of contact for senior client contacts
• Building relationships: You will sustain cohesive relationships with clients and colleagues within KPMG
• Growth and development: You will provide on-going feedback, coaching and mentoring that supports individuals’ development needs and encourages skills and knowledge enhancement.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining relationships with colleagues across other teams within KPMG.
• Quality control: You will provide feedback and quality control reviews of your peers and juniors’ work as a first level reviewer.
• Taking a proactive lead for knowledge management within a specialist team.
• Assisting in client presentations and the opportunity to contribute to project proposal developments.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
This exciting role will fully utilise your existing programming, data analysis and data management skills. Strong technical skills are essential, as you will be required to develop solutions either individually or as part of an integrated multi-disciplinary team.
Upon joining you will be able to demonstrate a number of the following skill sets and experience:
• Proven experience in Financial Crime Compliance projects specifically involving Transaction Monitoring, scenario development and enhancement and threshold analysis.
• Proven experience in report writing, authoring and reviewing deliverables.
• Knowledge or experience using industry-wide Transaction Monitoring systems such as NICE Actimize, BAE Systems, Oracle (Mantas), Siron, Apama etc.
• A functional understanding of international sanctions, regulations and anti-money protocols.
• A solid understanding of control systems and feedback loops.
• Designing and reviewing data layouts and ensuring that they are fit for a purpose.
• Performing Data Quality Reviews - manipulating and clean large data tables to ensure that data meets standards and objectives.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to identifying patterns within data to generate business insight.
• Significant experience with either of the following data manipulation software: SQL, SAS (Oracle/SQL Server) or other Broad knowledge of the finance function and the importance of management information within organisations.
• Other related Data Management experience in Data Governance, Data Standards documentation, Master Data Management, and Data Integration.
• Knowledge of statistical techniques and analysis (such as regression, clustering, sampling, social network analysis)
• Knowledge of machine learning and cognitive computing.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical analysis to a non-technical audience.
• Tenacious problem solving attitude, particularly when helping Clients obtain the data required.