As Treasury Associate you will support the regional Cash Management and Reporting Manager in various financial, clerical and administrative tasks related to cash management in our North American (Canada, US & Mexico) Finance Center.
The importance of cash collection is critical to every business. Without cash, a company cannot pay workers, invest in its growth, or fulfill customer orders. At Kuehne & Nagel, we do understand well the role of receivables as the fundamental driver for any successful and sustainable business operations. That's why we decided to centralize and optimize our Collections Management function for North America in a new office in Vancouver, British Columbia.
From our beautiful office in downtown Vancouver/BC ( Our new office ), a team of over 50 credit and collections specialists take care daily of the risk assessment & credit limits, cash collection & allocation, reduction of Day Sales Outstanding (DSO), reduction of bad debts and credit insurance for the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Currently, we have an opening for the Treasury Associate and looking for a new colleague to join that regional Finance Service Center.
In your new role you will focus on the approval/ processing of financial transactions and act as support for our regional Cash Management and Reporting Manager. Your task will include diverse administrative and technical tasks:
· Allocation of incoming cheques in accordance with working instructions on a daily basis;
· Generating and posting deposit batch on a daily basis;
· Matching (no discrepancy) total amount of incoming cheques with the batch total posted on a daily basis
· Reconciling/matching customer accounts when requested
· Minimizing data entry errors/avoid putting payments "on account";
· Distribution of internal reports within the organization when requested
· Assisting Credit Representatives on accounts reconciliation
· Entering and processing of data
· Performing document and file management functions
· Retrieving invoices and supporting documentation from e-file database
· Retrieving check copies
· Researching payment websites for payment status of invoices
· Creating different reports using Excel
· Photocopying, collating, scanning documents
Your Skills and Experiences
· 2 year general office experience or completion of an Finance or Accounting program
· Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
· Good Spanish language knowledge a strong asset
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
If you are looking for a next step in your career where you can find an environment with room for personal and professional development, then apply today!
Unfortunately, we are not able to consider candidates without a valid work visa for Canada or needing international relocation.