Kuehne + Nagel are seeking to appoint a Road Transport Supervisor to work within a small and a dedicated team.
The key responsibilities will be to ensure the transport department operates in a safe, compliant and efficient manner which is fully compliant with all legislation.
· Responsible for taking care of the Health and Safety and to observe best practice and compliance with legislation in the protection of the environment and conservation of energy
· Reporting and investigation accidents/incidents with the tight contracted timelines. Responsibility for compliance with
· Company and Statutory requirements regarding Operator Licence, H&S, service quality, drivers hours and tacho regulations, inclusive of WTD.
· Responsible for the Briefing and Debriefing of Drivers and Escorts. Perform regular checks on DG Notes, VORs, fuel cards, Toll Cards, tasking sheets and associated documentation ensuring a robust programme for Health and Safety standards,
· Assurance checks covering Coupling/Decoupling, Loading and Restraint to ensure that clearly defined processes are followed. Effective tasking utilisation of the fleet and drivers. Monitor fleet maintenance requirements and ensuring they are met.
· Responsible for transport department resource, induction, assessment and training, including agency staff. Follow the process in place to control the use of assets and consumables within the transport department. Assist the Transport Mangers to meet the agreed Budget and KPI’s, actively seeking ways to improve efficiency, performance and reducing costs. Ensuring daily management information is compiled both for internal and external customer and that this information is submitted accurately and on a timely basis.
· Assist the Transport Manager with the motivation and development of the on-site transport team, ensuring and maintaining open communication on a day to day basis. Ensure appropriate Managers are kept advised of any issues that threaten the quality of service delivery and cost Recorded and Escalated.
· Build lines of communication with relevant Client and Cross- functional operational colleagues to achieve synergies and savings. Maintain quality assurance documentation and processes to ensure that standards in monitoring and control are not compromised and the business is adhering to Kuehne and Nagel’s operational management processes
Your Skills and Experiences
· Full UK Drivers Licence (Essential). CPC National holder (Desirable)
· Proven Transport knowledge and experience. Excellent working knowledge of Transport legislation.
· Flexible leadership style with ability to motivate staff to achieve results.
· Competent Numerate with good attention to detail.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Competent Microsoft Office user including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Proven people management skills and experience.
· LGV Driving Licence (C+E) (desirable)
Good Reasons to Join
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary and you will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.","datePosted":"2019-08-21T00:00:00.000Z