• Understanding and applying manufacturing & inspection documentation.
• Ability to read blueprints and understand GD & T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing)
• Perform visual and dimensional inspection on a variety of intricate and precision machined and electronic parts.
• Ability to review, edit and document an inspection process.
• Understand processes to extent that can suggest procedures, specification and/or blueprint changes; knows when changes may have possible effects on other areas.
• Read and comprehend written documents such as work instructions, job aids, forms, and apply these to the respective logistics area.
• Familiarity with departmental procedures to serve as a guide during audits.
• Proficient understanding and active use, without assistance, of commonly used documents as applicable.
• Possesses required knowledge to conduct department audits to ensure current documentation is in use and that the certification (calibration) of all tooling and test equipment is current.
• Knowledge of proper inspection techniques required to obtain accurate measurements.
Use of Tools and Machines:
• Adequate knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office computer skills to facilitate area requirements
• Utilize a variety of instruments such as bore gauge, air gauge, profilometer, micrometer, caliper, comparator, etc.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Generate inspection reports and corrective action requests.
• Participate in team development including quality/continuous improvement initiatives.
• Attend and complete all required training courses according to the position training matrix/plan as well as any necessary certifications.
• Ability to support business needs of the applicable team, as they apply to attendance, overtime, punctuality, and shift.
• Overtime and Weekends as needed.
Your Skills and Experiences
• Manufacturing, Six Sigma, or equivalents – any certification a plus
• Previous inspection experience preferred.
• Basic computer proficiency.
• Ability to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous tasks.
• Understanding of quality systems requirements. (AS 9120, ISO 9001 etc.)
• Good interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.