Are you someone looking for kick start your career in IT? This opportunity offers you solid foundation of IT skills and experience to prepare yourself for advancement opportunities in IT. Come and join our Global Service Desk team as the 2nd level technical support specialist!
The Sea Freight Global Service Desk team is looking for new dedicated members to help establish and continue the success of existing Global Service Desk teams.
As an IT Application Support specialist you will provide expertise and technical knowledge. Your responsibilities will include identifying, troubleshooting, prioritization and the timely escalation of technical problems and service requests.
Additionally, you will be responsible for tracking and monitoring of all incoming requests as necessary to meet company defined service level agreements.
The Sea Freight Global Service Desk team will work in shifts. Initial shift coverage plan is 12/5 from 08:00 to 20:00 with potential team expansion to cover 24/7. Therefore availability to cover night shifts is required at least for some nights per month.
Your Skills and Experiences
· Professional education or degree in IT, or equivalent work experience
· Good analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving competencies
· Communication proficiency
· Target-oriented team player
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge level of SQL and relational databases
· Knowledge of any Object Oriented Programming methodologies (preferably Java)
· Experience with Unix/Linux command line
· Stack trace and application log reading/analyzing expertize (ELK Stack, KIBANA)
Beneficial/ Good to have skills:
· Bash/Shell scripting
· Regular Expressions
· Software testing experience
· Sea Freight Logistics terminology
Good Reasons to Join
Your work will have a direct influence on the future of logistics and IT. We value teamwork and learning, our working language is English. Your colleagues are experts who shape the IT industry in Estonia and worldwide. You can build your career here – every year 15% of our colleagues find interesting new challenges inside the company. We are located in Tallinn, Estonia – the most digitalized place on Earth. On top of that, we pay good money for a good job.","datePosted":"2019-08-01T00:00:00.000Z