For our Overland department, we are looking for an Experienced Transport Planner to join our growing team in Luxembourg, in our offices in Contern.
As an Experienced Transport Planner, you will be responsible for organizing transports by choosing the best solution and by respecting customer requirements and quality standards.
· Interact and coordinate with international customers and carriers
· Deliver high quality technical tasks independently
· Select the best solution to plan and handle transport (national and international)
· Inquire and calculate freight charges
· Coordinate shipping agents and freight carriers (registration and handling of shipments)
· Control freight costs
· Create and handle shipment documents and delivery notices
· Be compliance with required customer quality standards
Your Skills and Experiences
· At least 10 years of experience in Logistics or Freight Forwarding in a similar position
· Good understanding in the overall expediting process activity and planning of shipping routes
· Strong affinity with required customer quality standards
· Capability to set out specific tasks and self-motivation and to undertake specific tasks autonomously;
· Excellent communication skills with international customers
· Excellent speaking skills in English, both written and oral, another language will be a plus
Note: Condition for the conclusion of an employment agreement in the above-mentioned role is the provision of an up-to-date (not older than 3 months) certificate of good conduct as per legislation of 23 July 2016.
Good Reasons to Join
Kuehne + Nagel in Luxembourg was founded in 1970 and currently has around 700 employees with over 30 different nationalities. Located at the very heart of Europe, and as such the ideal starting place to travel in Europe, Luxembourg is known by its diversity, amazing nature and beautiful castles. Our head office is located in Contern, an industrial zone in the south-eastern part of Luxembourg (easily reachable by car or public transportation from Luxembourg, Germany, France or Belgium). We offer a position within a strong international environment with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group.