We are looking for a Transport Planner to join our growing team in Luxembourg.
The European Transport Planner is responsible for organizing transports by choosing the cheapest possible solution and respecting customer requirements and given quality standards.
· Be the first escalation point for customers
· Transport planning and handling (national and international)
· Inquiry and calculation of freight charges
· Coordination of shipping agents and freight carriers (Registration and handling of shipments)
· Contact with international customers and carriers
· Controlling of freight costs
· Creation and handling of shipping documents and delivery notices
· Monitoring of delivery dates
· IT-based order processing, Coordination of delivery dates, Planning of efficient tours
· Compliance and realization of the pharma & healthcare standards of all activities in their full entity by considering the relevant GDP requirements and guidelines, customer demands and all internal regulations of the KN Lux organization
· Compliance with required customer quality standards
Your Skills and Experiences
· Work experience of at least 3 years including apprenticeship
· Routine with regard to the planning of shipping routes (travel times, breaks, shipping routes)
· Language skills: German and English, further languages advantageous
· Strong affinity with required customer quality standards
· Professional contact to international clients, commitment and open-mindedness
Good Reasons to Join
We offer a position within a strong international environment with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group. Located at the very heart of Europe, and as such the ideal starting place to travel in Europe, Luxembourg is the only Grand Duchy left in the world. The country is known by its diversity, amazing nature and beautiful castles. Internationality is for sure one of the most interesting facts about Luxembourg – if you work here, you will come into contact with many different cultures, which is always beneficial for your international career development. 47 % of the population are foreigners and come from 175 countries. Kuehne + Nagel in Luxembourg was founded in 1970 and currently has around 700 employees with over 30 different nationalities. Our head office is located in Contern, an industrial zone in the south-eastern part of Luxembourg (appr. 15min by car from Luxembourg/Luxemburg City Center). You can easily reach our offices by car via the highways from Germany (direction Trier/Saarbrücken), France or Belgium as well as by bus or by train from Luxembourg City and Trier. Note: Condition for the conclusion of an employment agreement in the above-mentioned role is the provision of an up-to-date (not older than 3 months) certificate of good conduct as per legislation of 23 July 2016.