Influential, innovative and progressive, Gucci is reinventing a wholly modern approach to fashion. Under the new vision of creative director Alessandro Michele, the House has redefined luxury for the 21st century, further reinforcing its position as one of the world’s most desirable fashion houses. Eclectic, contemporary, romantic—Gucci products represent the pinnacle of Italian craftsmanship and are unsurpassed for their quality and attention to detail.
Gucci is part of the Kering Group, a world leader in apparel and accessories that owns a portfolio of powerful luxury and sport and lifestyle brands.
The Client Services team based in Jersey City, New Jersey is an internal hub that collaborates cross-functionally with corporate departments and stores to ensure a 360-degree Omni-channel client experience. The Training Manager will be responsible for performing assessments to identify training needs within Client Services and will work with the Director of Client Services, Director of Training and training team to develop comprehensive solutions. This role will collaborate with various departments to measure the success of the training initiatives and determining the value to the overall brand objectives.
· Design, develop, and facilitate workshops, training sessions, and developmental programs that foster technical and soft skills in areas such as: new hire classes (onboarding), process improvements, on-the-job training and business incentives;
· Facilitate learning with training ambassadors through a variety of delivery methods including classroom instruction, virtual training, and on-the-job coaching;
· Create training decks for morning/closing briefings, utilizing other team members for execution;
· Plan, direct, deliver, and evaluate professional growth activities for various levels of management training and leadership teams;
· Oversee planning, prioritization and implementation of worldwide training and development initiatives, ensuring that the initiatives are consistent with the business strategy and needs of the organization;
· Conduct analysis to identify needs and recommends appropriate solutions that distinguish between training, communication, and coaching and development opportunities;
· Provide leadership and direction on training methodology and instructional delivery, to ensure learning effectiveness;
· Ensure consistent delivery and application of training in client services, operations and client contact;
· Prepare and report on training delivery and curriculum effectiveness;
· Conduct analysis to identify and define present/future training needs, and communicate to the Client Services Director;
· Build up and maintain the database library of internal and external training resources to address required competencies;
· Complete needs assessment of training curriculum identifying trends and opportunities for improvement;
· Monitor and evaluate calls to improve performance;
· Work cross-functionally with Training, Operations team, Human Resources and Merchandising to ensure projects are meeting customer expectations and recommended changes are documented;
· Establish and maintain cross-functional partnerships with various corporate department leaders and bi-coastal store-line HR leaders;
· Spearhead a company wide learning and development management initiative backed by senior executive management;
· Analyze the success and effectiveness of training programs and track enrollment data.
· Bachelor’s degree in Education, Human Resources Management, Business Administration or Organizational Development and/or similar degrees;
· Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a formalized training position with retail stores or eCommerce;
· Additional experience in a eCommerce role is desirable;
· Luxury retail experience is preferred;
· Experience planning and managing both small and large-scale training events, with flawless follow-through and execution;
· Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including outstanding presentation skills;
· Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively with both large and small groups;
· Must be able to work independently and transparently, possessing the judgment to provide frequent, concise and cogent management updates;
· Ability to effectively present information in a clear manner, demonstrate procedures and respond to questions;
· Highly creative and organized with the ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks/projects in accordance with stated deadlines;
· Ability to read, analyze, assemble, and compile information for reports, special projects and surveys;
· Comfortable interacting with all levels of employees, treating all with dignity and respect;
· Open and receptive to employees and their learning and development needs;
· Strong technical aptitude and expertise (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Learning Management Systems);
· Ability to manage and work within training budget and operations and report on investment in all department initiatives.
Gucci America Inc