Catering & Hospitality
South West England
£8.26 - £10.17
Hours of Work
Working alternating Sundays and Saturdays
Sunday: 08:00 - 16:00
Saturday: 11:30 - 20:30
Hours to be discussed at assessment.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Cookery School offers a hand on approach to cookery classes. This role for Kitchen Assistant will be based in the Salisbury Cookery School.
The Waitrose Cookery School is offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced Kitchen Assistant to join the team in Salisbury. This role will suit someone who would want to progress their career within the catering area of the business.
This role primarily supports the running of the school by ensuring all equipment is washed and readily available for the next cookery course. You will need to maintain the cleanliness of the wash up area in the preparation kitchen at all times and provide support where necessary to enhance the customer experience
As a Kitchen Assistant you will be responsible for ensuring that our Chefs have sanitary tools and work spaces. This includes all duties related to dish washing: unloading kitchen deliveries and cleaning all of the dishes, utensils, pots and pans. Other areas of responsibility include food prep work and maintaining food quality and sanitation in kitchen.
- Wash, rinse, and sanitize dishes, pots, pans, and implements in preparation for the next class
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
- Maintain cleanliness of floors, mats, drains, walls and shelves of kitchen area.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Perform food preparation work as directed.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.